Happy FOURTH Birthday, May 2006 Babes! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 128 Old 08-05-2010, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. How are my favorite mamas doing? I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. We are all well here, getting ready to celebrate dd(8)'s birthday next week. So then I will have a 10 year old, 9 year old, 6 year old, and 4 year old LO. Where did all my babies go?! As much as I would LOVE another baby, this phase of our life w/more independent children sure is nice.

Mamab, I hope you get some interest in your house real soon! I can only imagine the stress. Did you start your new job?

MCB, you are rockin' that school girl! Awesome job!!! Enjoy your summer break!!!

Alaskaberry, yay for potty trained! Great job being patient mama.

Sydnee, what did you decide about HP?

Amy, how's the summer camping going? Your trips sound amazing.

Marylizah, hope is all w/you & your family. Are you doing any knitting these days? You must be super busy w/all your writing.

I'm not on MDC too much anymore, but try to come back every now & then to catch up w/you all. I'm glad we've been able to stay connected all these years.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#62 of 128 Old 08-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi May Mommies! Much love and light, thoughts and prayers to all of my wonderful mamas that need some lovin' . I've caught up on our thread here and I'm sending good, positive energy to each and every one of you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max*~ View Post
I'm not on MDC too much anymore, but try to come back every now & then to catch up w/you all. I'm glad we've been able to stay connected all these years.
I am so, so, so glad we have this thread!

Besides our thread, there's a post-partum weight-loss thread I visit, to keep me accountable and motivated. Other than that, I've more or less stepped back from MDC. If I'm researching vax or some health thing, I tend to just lurk and search.

I slipped in the shower a couple of weeks ago and did something awful to my knee. I need a freaking cane, seriously. I had just gotten back into running to and it really set me back mentally with trying to lose weight and such.

I'm really trying to take as much advantage of my break from school as I can! Go back on the 16 of August. I was going to become a nurse first then go to midwifery school but the universe/God has other plans for me. Now, I'm thinking I will go to midwifery school and not worry about becoming an RN. I'll keep ya'll posted.

DS2 is such a sweet, easy, cuddly lil' ball of yummy! So in love with him! Too bad I can't take advantage of his easy sleep nature since I have so much to do all the time!

DS1 is a whirlwind! We were wanting to get him in Pre-K this year but it's better that he eases into that whole world. So we're trying to find an art school or something two or three days a week for him. Where did my baby go???

DH and I are adding another layer to our already hectic lives . We're working on starting our own business that specializes in the preparation and delivery of allergen free foods. We're hammering out the details but hopefully things will be a go soon .

I hope all is well with everyone! Sorry I didn't get a chance to do persoals but I'm aiming to keep up with our thread better this time . Bless up ladies!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#63 of 128 Old 08-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Sorry about the typos! Multiitasking .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#64 of 128 Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 AM

Thought I was subbed, but no. So, just subbing . I hope everyone is well! Looks like the weather may be cooling off a little soon. Here's to more comfy days!

#65 of 128 Old 08-21-2010, 10:37 AM

Just giving us a bump! It's been rainy here and cooler so yay! But the bugs are coming out even more as well so booooo! I guess they're loving the cool and wet too. How are you ladies? School started on Monday for me and whew! I'm already up to my neck in assignents due!

How's school going for the kiddos that attend? What about our itty-bitties? I hope you guys are enjoying the last days of summer!

#66 of 128 Old 08-22-2010, 12:19 PM

Hi, everybody!

DH is home from a 10 day business trip so we are all enjoying that :-) No lookers on our house; we've started the almost every week commute, and so far it is going okay. I am mostly stressed about fostering positive interactions with my family as we stay at my mom's 3-4 nights a week. She has some very different expectations from what we have at our home or what my in-laws had at their home for our kids. Not necessarily bad, but different. And of course, she's my mom so criticism from her hits a special place in my psyche . . . like this last trip up when I sat DD on the counter with her feet in the sink so I could wash dishes and my mom said, "Do you really think that's a responsible thing to do?" Um. Well, if I don't, why am I doing it? And if you don't, why don't you just say it bothers you? (FTR, DD does this all the time and she's never fallen off.)

Anyway . . . trying to focus on gratitude today and enjoy DH's presence before he has to go to work tonight!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#67 of 128 Old 08-23-2010, 12:27 AM

Hi mommas. I don't know if you remember me, but I was in this DDC. It is nice to see how everyone is doing.

Best,

Katherine
#68 of 128 Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabeakley View Post
Hi, everybody!

DH is home from a 10 day business trip so we are all enjoying that :-) No lookers on our house; we've started the almost every week commute, and so far it is going okay. I am mostly stressed about fostering positive interactions with my family as we stay at my mom's 3-4 nights a week. She has some very different expectations from what we have at our home or what my in-laws had at their home for our kids. Not necessarily bad, but different. And of course, she's my mom so criticism from her hits a special place in my psyche . . . like this last trip up when I sat DD on the counter with her feet in the sink so I could wash dishes and my mom said, "Do you really think that's a responsible thing to do?" Um. Well, if I don't, why am I doing it? And if you don't, why don't you just say it bothers you? (FTR, DD does this all the time and she's never fallen off.)

Anyway . . . trying to focus on gratitude today and enjoy DH's presence before he has to go to work tonight!
Hi Mama B! Glad you guys got to enjoy DH/Dad for a bit. Mommies and children, ahh, so complicated. Ick, I'm sorry you haven't had much luck with the house yet. Sending be easy .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathteach View Post
Hi mommas. I don't know if you remember me, but I was in this DDC. It is nice to see how everyone is doing.

Best,

Katherine
Hi there! I remember you! What's been going on with you and yours?

Gotta run ladies. WOHM all day, blech...

#69 of 128 Old 08-24-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone! I am deep in the throes of getting my classroom set up for the school year. This time of year I'm totally focused on school. I'm always scheming and negotiating with dh and Phoebe how and when I can get into my classroom to set up. I'm never so focused and driven as I am the last half of August!

Anyway, I'm thinking about you all and looking forward to catching up more once the dust settles around here. This has been the most divine Maine summer and as much as I'm sad to see it end, I'm looking forward to a beautiful fall.
#70 of 128 Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM

I remember you, too Katherine! Tell us how you're doing!

Good luck with your classroom, Amy! I'm kind of panicking - with DH out of town so long (oh, and he got a cold when he came home) I'm feeling really behind on everything. This is start-up time for me, too, at work.

MCB, hope your day at work went well!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#71 of 128 Old 08-29-2010, 08:51 PM

Thanks Mama B! It's always a balancing act with the WOHM and such. I don't get a chance to pump at work either and that is NOT cool .

Hope things are going well with the classroom Amy!

#72 of 128 Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Tomorrow is my first official day back to school (just teachers) and I'm all teary about it. I love my school and I feel so good being there, but I am dreading being away from Phoebe every day! We have had SO much fun together this summer and it's always such an adjustment going back--emotional, logistical, physical, everything. Once her preschool starts in 2 weeks we'll be back in the swing of things, but it will take a while to settle in. I know I'll cry on the drive to school tomorrow!
#73 of 128 Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 AM

Subbing. My oldest is a May 06 baby, though not a baby anymore!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#74 of 128 Old 08-30-2010, 04:01 PM

Hey mamas!

Wow, I haven't been on in a while, things were super busy this summer between our family vacation and having my folks visiting. We're doing well, DS1 goes back to school on Thursday. I feel bad saying this, but I'm really excited school is starting again! Having both boys all day long is really challenging. DS2 is already 7 months old (!!!! How did that happen??) and while not quite crawling yet, still manages to get into everything. He's also been pulling up for about a month and so I'm starting to babyproof everything. Seeing the two together is just the sweetest thing ever-- DS2 ADORES DS1 and screeches with joy whenever he sees his big brother. DS1 is awesome with DS2-- it's such a joy to see them interact!

Not much else is going on, I'm still trying to figure out what to be when I grow up. Dh's job will be changing again soon (blech, enough already!) but I'm hoping this will lead him in some interesting new directions. I'm looking forward to a busy, productive fall, working on the magazine, blogging and am even considering submitting a story for a local writing contest....

BIG hugs to all the May mamas! I miss you all! And Kathteach, good to hear from you. How are you doing?
#75 of 128 Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoteat View Post
Tomorrow is my first official day back to school (just teachers) and I'm all teary about it. I love my school and I feel so good being there, but I am dreading being away from Phoebe every day! We have had SO much fun together this summer and it's always such an adjustment going back--emotional, logistical, physical, everything. Once her preschool starts in 2 weeks we'll be back in the swing of things, but it will take a while to settle in. I know I'll cry on the drive to school tomorrow!
Aww . I hope the transition is as easy/gentle as possible. I'm going to be a mess when DS1 goes to K next year .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Mama Doula View Post
Subbing. My oldest is a May 06 baby, though not a baby anymore!
Welcome! You are now keeping company with a supreme bunch of super mommies. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylizah View Post
Hey mamas!

Wow, I haven't been on in a while, things were super busy this summer between our family vacation and having my folks visiting. We're doing well, DS1 goes back to school on Thursday. I feel bad saying this, but I'm really excited school is starting again! Having both boys all day long is really challenging. DS2 is already 7 months old (!!!! How did that happen??) and while not quite crawling yet, still manages to get into everything. He's also been pulling up for about a month and so I'm starting to babyproof everything. Seeing the two together is just the sweetest thing ever-- DS2 ADORES DS1 and screeches with joy whenever he sees his big brother. DS1 is awesome with DS2-- it's such a joy to see them interact!

Not much else is going on, I'm still trying to figure out what to be when I grow up. Dh's job will be changing again soon (blech, enough already!) but I'm hoping this will lead him in some interesting new directions. I'm looking forward to a busy, productive fall, working on the magazine, blogging and am even considering submitting a story for a local writing contest....

BIG hugs to all the May mamas! I miss you all! And Kathteach, good to hear from you. How are you doing?
Mary I totally hear you about the juggle with the little and the bigger all day . But, like you mentioned with your sons, my guys absolutely adore each other . Well, for the most part . We want to see about getting DS1 in some kind of program a few days a week to get him more ready for a bit more structure than what he's used to. We'll see what works out there. Glad you got to spend some quality time with your family .

Bless up ladies!

#76 of 128 Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 AM

Hello May Mamas! I missed a whole bunch of replies somehow. Good to hear from you all. And so nice to see you back Kathteach. I'd love to hear more about how you've been.

Seems like we all are settling into fall schedules. I just love the fall. I love the cooler weather, leaves changing, crisp evenings, the excitement of a new school year for the kids, hikes & camping. My oldest three have all started back at their charter school. LO starts preschool 4 mornings a week next week. I am doing a little counseling work, knitting a bunch, and getting more involved in our church where I can fit it in. Dh's plans towards his new business are moving along nicely. That will probably begin in the next month or so. And that's about it for us.

#77 of 128 Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max*~ View Post
Hello May Mamas! I missed a whole bunch of replies somehow. Good to hear from you all. And so nice to see you back Kathteach. I'd love to hear more about how you've been.

Seems like we all are settling into fall schedules. I just love the fall. I love the cooler weather, leaves changing, crisp evenings, the excitement of a new school year for the kids, hikes & camping. My oldest three have all started back at their charter school. LO starts preschool 4 mornings a week next week. I am doing a little counseling work, knitting a bunch, and getting more involved in our church where I can fit it in. Dh's plans towards his new business are moving along nicely. That will probably begin in the next month or so. And that's about it for us.
Yeah, the subbing does its own thing sometimes doesn't it? Fall is my absolute favorite time of year . I've got a knit/crochet itch I desperately want to scratch but no time .

#78 of 128 Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

I LOVE fall too. It doesn't feel like fall this week though--these are the hottest temps I've ever experienced in Maine and it is just not supposed to be like that the first week of school! We were all sweating like crazy today. My school is not at all equipped for weather like this!

Mary, don't feel bad about looking forward to school starting! It's all part of the balance.

Maine Mama Doula, where in Maine are you? I'm on the Blue Hill Peninsula.

So I should be all excited about starting school, and it does feel really good to have my kids back, but I'm just not feeling it in this heat, and to make this the most awful week ever, my grandma is on her deathbed and I'm not sure when I should go to PA and DH is going to NY tomorrow and Thursday and it's all a huge sad mess. On top of that my sister just had a miscarriage at 8 weeks yesterday. Luckily my school is wonderfully supportive and understanding and they can deal with the uncertainty of waiting for my grandma to die. I know that even if I left as soon as I could I wouldn't see her alive, so I'm just waiting. And yes, you are remembering correctly that I went through this last August when I lost both of my mom's parents within 3 weeks. This sucks.
#79 of 128 Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and your sister's miscarriage. Keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

#80 of 128 Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 PM

Amy, I'm in Lewiston. Where's Blue Hill? I grew up in Lisbon. Class C cross-country runner here

I had my first miscarriage last Thursday at 8 weeks but I'm doing OK now.

Nina Wife to DH
#81 of 128 Old 09-01-2010, 06:39 PM

Maine Mama Doula, Amy, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers .

#82 of 128 Old 09-01-2010, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Nina, I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I hope you are being well taken care of. Blue Hill is the peninsula before Acadia.

So my stubborn grandma is still hanging on! Which actually amuses me to no end. She hasn't had any food or water in three days and is mostly unconscious and unresponsive, but her vitals are steady! So I'm home waiting. Most of the rest of the family is there, but one of my cousins is waiting too. I'm thinking I'll be there over the weekend, I guess, but who knows?! Despite all that, though, I am SO happy to be back at school. I love my kids.
#83 of 128 Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 AM

Ecoteat, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she has a peaceful end. Thinking of you...

MMD, so sorry to hear about the miscarriage.

Max, great to hear from you! Glad to hear your DH's plans are moving forward nicely.

MCB, hope things are going well. You are so busy!

MB, that's quite a commute you have! I hope you can quit commuting soon.

School started today. DS1 was excited until yesterday-- then the nerves kicked in. I'm picking him up for lunch in a bit and I'm curious to hear how things went. He's only with a couple of his friends from last year...

Well, better go make dinner while the baby is napping!
#84 of 128 Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 PM

Hi mamas! Call me a bad friend for not being on here much Now that things will slow down, I'll be on much more It has been a NUTSO zoo here. the last two weeks I've had up to 14 kids here, waaaaaay too may for me. I am so unbelieveably stressed it's crazy. Tomorrow is it though, and then next week I will only have 5 kids here during the day, I cannot WAIT!!

The girls are very ready for school, we had open house last night, and met the teachers. I LOVE our school, it is only 2 years old, and is the only second "green" school built in Mn. It's so neat how it all runs. I am just ready to get back into a routine again, and have my evenings back, lol!

Amy- Soooo sorry to hear about your Grandma I will pray that she doesn't suffer long.

MCB- How is school going? Hope it isn't too nutty for you

Max- I too love Fall, tonight it's about 55 degrees and windy, I am enjoying a glass of wine, it's the only time of year I drink it, lol!

Marylizah- How was Geo's first day??

Mamabeakley- How are things going? How is the traveling?

Maine Mama Doula- Welcome!! And I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage Hugs to you...

kathteach- I absolutely remember you! How are you??!!

Alright, time to enjoy my glass of wine before the craziness starts again tomorrow, ugh.....lol....

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#85 of 128 Old 09-03-2010, 09:38 PM

Mary, how did your DS's day go? Are things settling down?

Hey Sydnee! Not a bad friend bone in you . School is going well, very, very busy. Functions and their stupid graphs have taken over my life though .

#86 of 128 Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM

I'm so excited to get to know this group of mamas

Both DD and DS start pre-K next Wednesday. I can' wait! It's Mon-Thu 8:30-4:30, they provide breakfast and lunch which isn't really a big deal to me. I can't wait to see if DS (my picky eater) will eat what they give him. He's never been in a daycare setting so it will be interesting to say the least.

My May 06 baby, DD, is just so smart and independent, I don't even worry about her. I'm just super excited for her to make some friends.

Nina Wife to DH
#87 of 128 Old 09-04-2010, 04:07 PM

Welcome, Nina!

Not much time right now - we are at the beach for the holiday weekend, and I am working. Bah. But we did see the coolest thing last night: phosphorescent sand! When we walked on it little sparkly things glowed in the dark! I've been coming to this beach my whole life and I've never seen anything like it before. I guess the storm washed some bacteria or something up that does that.

#88 of 128 Old 09-05-2010, 12:56 PM

Very cool Mama B!

I am tearing my hair out with screaming and bored babies while trying to figure out WTF is up with the domain of composite functions. And of course it's a holiday weekend so I might be screwed.

Dammit...

#89 of 128 Old 09-05-2010, 01:07 PM

Holiday weekends are always crazy, aren't they? I work in an animal emergency hospital and yesterday was crazy - surgery after surgery and all rooms full all day. I work 12 hour days, so I thought I was going to fall apart by the end. And tomorrow I do it again. Today, I am determined to relax while the children entertain themselves.

Nina Wife to DH
#90 of 128 Old 09-06-2010, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

My grandma is on day EIGHT of no food, no water, unresponsive, in and out of consciousness. This is insane. Yesterday she had a few mild siezures. Everyone is so anxious for this to end. We can't even wrap our heads around how she can possibly still be alive. I could have gone before to see her, but I would have had to come home for the funeral and somehow it seems more important to me to be there during the viewings and funeral. But I keep stringing school along with sub plans and uncertainty and I feel terrible about it. I keep calculating things like--if she dies today I can take the 7:00am flight Wednesday and be there in time for the afternoon viewing and it will cost $450 and the sub can show this movie to my kids Thursday and, and... And then my head explodes.

BUT... it's a perfectly gorgeous long weekend in Maine and I've put up many pounds of food from the garden for the winter and that feels good. Off to can some more beans!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page