My kids are driving me crazy!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 10month old ds, a 2yr old ds, and a 5 yrold dd. Lately it seems that they are just out on a mission to drive me crazy. At school, my dd's teacher tells me that she wishes all the kids in her class were like her. She always used to be the model child, she listened, helped with chores(because she liked to do it), or whatever--now she is just trying my patience. She does not listen to anything at all with out me raising my voice to her-- it seems that she is always in time out, or grounded from toys/things she enjoys. She loves to torment her brother-- tells him that bugs are in his bed or shutting him in a room with the lights off, etc... now to my 2 yr old ds-- he has always been a trying child, loves to make a mess and does not listen to anything at all-- at least not until we've told him at least 3 or 4 times. I made him sit on his bed the other day as a punishment and within 2 minutes he had pulled the entire blinds down off the window and broke them. He also loves to throw things. now, my 10 month old is just going through a stage where i cannot go out of his sight without his screaming his lungs out!-- which doesn't go well while trying to deal with the other 2. --- now don't get me wrong, they are not complete terrors, but I just seem to stay soooo aggravated at the things they have done and them not listening that I probably make things worse, but I just can't seem to let go of the aggravation. I yell at them too much! I want to enjoy my kids, but really think that being a SAHM is not for me-- think I would enjoy em more if I got a break from em, the only problem with that is that daycare would cost more than I would make with a part time job. -- Nothing has changed around here lately to cause the change in them/me. We are consistent with out discipline (time out/grounded). Their diets are good. They get plenty of outside playtime to get out energy, etc. Any ideas as to what's going on or what to do??????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page