Question about my 6 year old girl - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 5 children, 2 boys and 3 girls. This question is about my middle daughter. She has always been very muscular meaning you can see her deltoids, triceps easily without her flexing or exercising them. You can also see her 6 pack and the muscles in her back easily. She isn't skinny and weighs the same as her 8 year old sister. She also is very hairy. She has hair all over her back. Not just in her lower back but her entire back is covered in fine hair but lots of it, not peach fuzz. She has dark hair so it is obvious. When I apply sunscreen it is even more obvious. Her upper arms and shoulders are hairy as well.

We always thought this is just who she is and who she is meant to be but I am starting to wonder if this is something we need to look into/pay attention to. I am not the kind of parent that takes her kids to the ped all the time. We have a wonderful ped that is supportive of our choices of no vaxing and only seeing her when we need to. She's never said anything about my daughters muscles or body hair but I don't think she's really SEEN her since she was a baby (when they are all fuzzy). Fortunately my kids almost never get sick so we don't go to the ped often. I guess I'm wondering if this is something I need to bring to her (ped's) attention or something we need to start looking into. If this is the way she is great, no problem. However, if there is some underlying situation causing an imbalance in hormones maybe this is something to look at?

Anybody have anything similar with their girls?

TIA

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmmm... my dd has a very hairy lower back. I always assumed it would eventually fall out & hasn't. But, I'm not sure about the overall picture you're describing in terms of being normal or not. I would say, if you're concerned, you should take her in. Why not? Better safe than sorry later/

User Tag List