my dd wants a unicorn themed party for 7th birthday, unicorn party ware? and any suggestions? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post but wasn't sure where else to post it so if its not ok here then i'm sorry and i'm happy for it to be moved. my dd is obsessed with unicorns and wants to have a unicorn party. i've been looking to find some partyware with unicorns on but so far have only found the brightly coloured cartoon looking unicorns which we don't want. i'm trying to find partyware that has a more real horse like unicorn something that is pretty and mystical on it. does anyone know anywhere i can find this? i'm in UK but if they can ship to england then that would be great.
also does anyone have any ideas for unicorn themed games? i've been thinking of pin the horn on the unicorn but thats all i've got so far!
she has been thinking about this all year so i'm hoping that i can make it work for her!
thanks.

dd 07/07/03 : ds born 07/09/09 :
#2 of 4 Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM

what a wonderful theme, I'd try to get the kids to make their own unicorn horn with rolled up card, I have never seen any paper plates/cups with unicorns on them but maybe using gold or silver cups and plates would work seeing as the horn and hooves of the unicorn are gold or silver. My dd loves this link http://www.hugolescargot.com/jeux-an...al-magique.htm making up the unicorns and horses as she wishes - you may be inspired to do something along those lines - it's still cartoonish but not as much as some of the other things I've seen. You could maybe make - or get the kids to make some hobby horses you really just need some broom sticks, card and string and the kids could run around having races and being unicorns that way too, I'll keep thinking ...

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .
#3 of 4 Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 PM

#4 of 4 Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

oh wow, thanks to both of you for your replies. ewe+lamb i love the hobby horse idea i think dd would love that too.
boot thanks for the amazon links - stupid me didn't even think to look on amazon and i was just googleling and getting nowhere. that party ware is i think just what dd would like, all the other stuff looks too like my little ponies and not real enough - because unicorns are real of course as my dd would say!
thanks,

dd 07/07/03 : ds born 07/09/09 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page