Please tell me your 3 yr. old is making your life hell - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 08-10-2010, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG! YES! I was pregnant with #2 when my DD#1 was 3. That was hell on wheels, I tell ya. Probably the worst year of our life together, she was so stubborn and ornery. She's 6 now and DD#2 is almost 3. I'm afraid...very afraid.
She's worse than her sister ever was and she's still 2!
I keep telling them "its a good thing you're cute" Its ok though, DD#2 picks on her older sister most of time. I call Karma.

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#62 of 70 Old 08-10-2010, 01:49 PM

The whining. Oh, the whining. She never stops. For some reason, she cannot approach me for anything without whining herself into an hysteria. For instance, about 15 minutes ago she wanted a glass of water. When she asked I was in the middle of wiping down the bathroom mirror with some vinegar and newspaper (1 minute job) so I said just give me a minute I'm almost done and then I'll get your water. Well, that was just plain unacceptable so she went from 0 to a high-pitched half-crying, "I want water Mom I want water MOM I WANT WATER WHAAAAHHHHHH MOMMY!" throws herself on the floor weeping.

Holy crud kid keep your pants on! I'll be there in a second! She is hyper emotional about everything lately.

I'm trying to get her to understand that if she needs something, she simply needs to ask in a normal tone of voice. She can't be reasoned with (or even hear me) if her first reaction to everything is drama.
#63 of 70 Old 08-10-2010, 03:08 PM

My eldest was the easiest until 3 1/2. He has been the biggest pain in the A ever since. He just turned 6. Although things got better through the years every new milestone is like a battle with him. He is extremely volatile. Super sweet and happy when things are the way he likes them explosive when you say No to what he wants. Everything was a battle from getting him to dress him self, not complaining about his food etc. All those things got better but then something new and annoying always awaits around each corner. He is highly intelligent for his age and wants to have the world run by his order not ours. he can't wait to grow up...lol
On the other hand my 4 and 1 1/2 year old followed the pain in the A toddler phase. But my 4 year old is so easy compared to her big brother and my 1 1/2 year old is much like her in her cranky toddler phase so I am hoping he gets it out of his system early because another one like my eldest might just make us jump off a building. Although my eldest can be so wonderful and helpful and is good more then not it is the extreme volatile reactions that send everyone off the deep end. He has now taken to stomping and throwing things when he gets mad.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#64 of 70 Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 PM

Just thought I'd share . . .

Me to 3.5 yo DD: "When I tell you to stop doing something, it means you need to stop doing it."
DD to Me: "And when I say 'no' it means that I'm not going to stop doing it."

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
#65 of 70 Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazer View Post

Me to 3.5 yo DD: "When I tell you to stop doing something, it means you need to stop doing it."

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#66 of 70 Old 08-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Boudicca~ View Post
The whining. Oh, the whining. She never stops. For some reason, she cannot approach me for anything without whining herself into an hysteria. [...]
I'm trying to get her to understand that if she needs something, she simply needs to ask in a normal tone of voice. She can't be reasoned with (or even hear me) if her first reaction to everything is drama.
Yes yes yes

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#67 of 70 Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Boudicca~ View Post
The whining. Oh, the whining. She never stops. For some reason, she cannot approach me for anything without whining herself into an hysteria. For instance, about 15 minutes ago she wanted a glass of water. When she asked I was in the middle of wiping down the bathroom mirror with some vinegar and newspaper (1 minute job) so I said just give me a minute I'm almost done and then I'll get your water. Well, that was just plain unacceptable so she went from 0 to a high-pitched half-crying, "I want water Mom I want water MOM I WANT WATER WHAAAAHHHHHH MOMMY!" throws herself on the floor weeping.

Holy crud kid keep your pants on! I'll be there in a second! She is hyper emotional about everything lately.

Wait, are you talking about my kid? Do they share a brain? It started at that age and has not stopped!! ARGHHHH!! She's 6 and almost always on meltdown mode. She's even annoying her current bestfriend(4 year boy next door )

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#68 of 70 Old 08-11-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:

BUWHAHAHA!!!

At least she is honest! I love it!
#69 of 70 Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:

LOL!

And, holy cow, 3 sucks the big one. I swear, she is 13. DD actually wouldn't sit next to me when we went to see a juggler at the library. She sat far away and rolled her eyes at me whenever I tried to talk to her.
She talks back, hisses (yes, HISSES), makes what I call "stank-face." Among other assorted delights such as hitting & pushing her brother, not listening, throwing herself on you.

She is too smart and verbal for her own good. I just hope this changes soon. I actually started to get scared the other day that this was just her and she was going to be obnoxious forever and we will never have good times and she is going to be a sociopath. She was so sweet until 3, help!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#70 of 70 Old 08-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Oh yeah, does anyone else's 3 year old have their very own made up cuss word(s)?
My son's are currently "boomer" and "punch baby." Boomer is pretty all purpose and I think it developed from bummer, but is said in such a way that he apparently thinks it is a "bad" word. Punch baby is a noun, I guess, as in "YOU LITTLE... PUNCH BABY!"
My cousin's was "bingo" when he was about this age. It was used the same way "punch baby" is.

oh noo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page