"Pillow Pets" versus "My Pillow Pets" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally I posted in Finance and Frugality due to the consumer protection issue, but perhaps more people here will know something about the legit "Pillow Pets".

Long story short, does anyone know which is the authentic site?

They are virtually identical but the first one seems to include a clip of the TV commercial. The second site is so similar it almost seems like they are affiliated. In fact the "Pillow Pets" site notes that the tag should say "My Pillow Pets".

DD1 really wants one for her B-Day and I'm tempted to pony up the $35.00 at the local mall kiosk but the googling I did suggests that mall kiosks likely have counterfeits.

I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. Help!!

~Cath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe Toys 'R' Us is now selling the official ones. I ordered from www.pillowpets.com. This is the website mentioned on the commercial. It has the two tags which say, "My Pillow Pets." We do have one from a kiosk. It's a knock-off and it cost the same as a real pillow pet, but there is a difference in the feel of the fabric. The official pillow pet is softer. I personally wouldn't pay $35 for one at a kiosk. You pay about $25 from the pillowpet.com site with shipping. Hope this helps!

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page