Where did my sweet baby go?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-10-2002, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds has always been a cuddler and very clingy, for lack of another word right now. I love to hold him and be mommy for as much as I can, but lately we are having a terrible time. I feel like we are spiraling out of control.
I am a passionate person I guess and I have been getting frustrated too easily. Ex. Today I kept ds out too long, knowing I should have taken him home for his nap. But I thought "we can handle one more greenhouse." Duh. He did fine at the greenhouse since he was helping to pick out plants for the garden and pulling the red wagon, but when we got home, all he!! broke loose. He simply could not calm down enough to take his nap even though I tried laying down with him. I was really looking forward to a nap myself since I am picking up dh at the airport at 11:30 pm. So I lost it and was screaming. I tried to walk away from him to cool down, but I couldn't leave him--or rather he wouldn't leave me.
I feel so bad every time we do this. I hate it. I also can't see outside my box right now to do a better job. Can someone help? We are working on #2 and I don't have the energy to do this with 2 children.
#2 of 2 Old 05-12-2002, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RasJane - How old is your son?

It *is* really hard to calm down if your child won't let you walk away! Maybe you could just take him in your arms, say "Let's breathe" and take 10-15 slow deep breaths. Katrina Kenison writes about doing something like this in her book, 'Mitten Strings for God: reflections for Mothers in a hurry' It works for me.

Also - your son might be going through some sort of stress/growth spurt where he needs extra sleep or food. I would try several days of peaceful routine: waking, sleeping, eating, going out at the same time every day - and see if that helps.

These difficult periods pass. By the time you welcome a second child into your family, your little boy will have grown so much! It will be fine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page