For parents with 3 year olds [bed question] - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reezley View Post
DS2 is 3.5. He's usually asleep by 8, wakes between 6:30 and 7:30 the latest. (Though today he was up at 6:00) . Doesn't nap, unless in the car. DH usually hasn't left for the day by the time the kids wake up - but I wouldn't wake them just to see him. I never wake them unless I have to. A couple times a week he ends up getting home later than their bedtime, and just sees them in the morning.
Oh I would never ever wake a young kid either (well anyone really), I just change his sleep time schedule to naturally affect his wake-up time (we do the same for ourselves--no alarm clocks here!). The rare time DS is still sleeping at 7, DH just sleeps in and works a little later that day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM

DD1 is 4 now, but generally she tends to fall asleep around 9p (8:30p is the earliest, sometimes it's more like 10) and wake up around 8a. When she was 3 she tended to sleep in more often until 9. She's always been more prone to stay up late and sleep in, and hasn't really been a napper since just before 2 y/o - instead she might throw down a surprise nap once a month or a really early bedtime for a day or two (like 5-6) during 2-3 y/o.

As to the other question - dh works 12 hour shifts, so we count on seeing him 1x/day on days he's working and not both morning/evening. No way am I gonna force all of us to keep those hours, as it is he takes the extra naps to make up for his own lost sleep.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
Oh I would never ever wake a young kid either (well anyone really), I just change his sleep time schedule to naturally affect his wake-up time (we do the same for ourselves--no alarm clocks here!). The rare time DS is still sleeping at 7, DH just sleeps in and works a little later that day.
Ahhh, I get it now. Sorry, I misinterpreted what you had said.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
For those of you whose kids are waking at 8 or so (or whenever really) do they get to see both parents (assuming two parent home)?

DS would sleep from 8 to 8 I am sure if we let it go that direction, but we really like Ds to see DH both morning and night, though only a little at each.

Just curious.
The mornings I go to work I leave before 7a and am home by 3. He stays home with daddy. I only work 2 days a week. We have our own business and he is with at least one of us all the time.

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 PM

He goes to bed at about 8:30 and lately wakes up between 5:30 and 6. He really needs to sleep later in the morning. But DH gets up early to get ready for work, and the activity in the house seems to wake him up. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that. And I can't get him to bed earlier because I have to do everything(cooking, cleaning up, bathing, homework with DS1, etc.) by myself so the evenings are pretty hectic.

(admittedly, I'm only online now because I was late starting dinner, so it's not even done yet. *sigh* We try to usually eat around 6:30.)
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
For those of you whose kids are waking at 8 or so (or whenever really) do they get to see both parents (assuming two parent home)?

DS would sleep from 8 to 8 I am sure if we let it go that direction, but we really like Ds to see DH both morning and night, though only a little at each.

Just curious.
My kids get up around 6:45 or 7. My dh is long gone by then (he leaves around 6). I don't want us all to get up at that unfathomable hour. And, I don't think dh would like it either (we'd slow him down). He goes in that early so that he can get off at 4:30 in the afternoon. He's home by 5 or 5:15, and we see him in the evening.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 AM

DS sees Dh in the morning as often as I do - which is to say, mostly DH is currently in school so we don't see him 2 mornings a week, and sometimes other mornings as well when he works the day shift (6am-6pm). Course' when he workst he night shift we don't see him then (6pm-6am). Just depends Getting up super early is not on my list of 'things to do'
Old 10-07-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Just curious.
My DH leaves the house before 6-- sometimes DD2 will sneak out to give him a kiss, and then go back to bed to sleep longer. But not the other two, ever. I don't see him in the morning either, unless he has a problem and really needs help. I would have to put them to bed before 6 pm, for them to be awake to see him in the morning, and that's just not going to work.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif

User Tag List