Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What some gift ideas for a 3.5 yo old boy? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Do you have a price range you want to stay within?

Some things we are getting DS or that he would love to have at 3 1/2 include, Magnatiles , a marble run, automoblox  both the full size and mini ones, a stick horse, kid knex , binoculars, board games , wooden train tracks,  felt or wooden toy food for his kitchen, anything Toy Story,  anything about dinosaurs, puzzles and books.

That list includes a price range of about $5 to around $100.  Some of the links are just to examples instead of the exact thing DS may end up getting.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 11-15-2010, 03:08 PM

Things that DS1 is waay into right now:

markers, paint, and paper

audio books (good for you too if you have to do long car trips or can't stand to tell one more story to an insatiable kid)

scooter

bubbles

If you are a "weapons-friendly household," my DH bought a set of foam swords and shields that he and DS1 have so much fun playing with.

Doula, WOHM, wife to a super-fun papa, mama to the Monkey ('07), and his little brother, the Sea Monkey ('09).
Old 11-15-2010, 08:04 PM

my 3.5 year old loves duplos, legos and playmobil toys.  He really loves construction vehicles (cranes are his favorite).  He loves to dress up as a firefighter (in his rain jacket) and he also loves to push around big dump trucks with handles on the side.  He also loves ballet shoes, tutus and doing "cool dance moves".

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 AM

We are getting a scooter (3 wheeled) one. A beanbag chair and some stocking stuffers. Dh is thinking about some child sized hockey sticks as well. We have really figured out that our kids don't play with toys. They like costumes and creative play and active play.  We are streamlining Christmas big time this year.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Ds has a couple of WOW toy cars, and we plan to add to his set of those, as they get a TON of play, and don't take batteries.  http://www.wowtoys.com/    I'd like to get him a boy doll of some kind, but am having trouble justifying the money for something that I doubt will be a hit- plus we already have some dolls in the house.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 PM

We're deciding between a nice wood easel and art supplies or starting Plan City. 

Old 11-20-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post

Do you have a price range you want to stay within?

Some things we are getting DS or that he would love to have at 3 1/2 include, Magnatiles , a marble run, automoblox  both the full size and mini ones, a stick horse, kid knex , binoculars, board games , wooden train tracks,  felt or wooden toy food for his kitchen, anything Toy Story,  anything about dinosaurs, puzzles and books.

That list includes a price range of about $5 to around $100.  Some of the links are just to examples instead of the exact thing DS may end up getting.

Thanks so much for the links! I think I am adding automoblox to our wish list this year.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 11-20-2010, 11:34 PM

Things ds has shown interest in lately:

personal CD player (no, really, flame me if you want but I do NOT want to listen to "Mr sun, Sun, mr Golden Sun" 39487 times a day)

roller skates (the kind you put over the shoes)

legos, both duplos and the small ones

mini trampoline

remote control car

scooter or skateboard (our old neighbors had this thing that was kind of a cross between the two, for younger skateboarder wanna-bes I guess)

whiteboard with lots of different colored dry erase markers

transformers--I think Bumblebee is the transformer du jour, not sure why....

the "cars 2" movie---called mater's tall toon tales ro something like that. ds has been watching clips on youtube for days.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

User Tag List