my 5 year old daughter is still pooping her pants please help me out? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 11-26-2011, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

Are you using the Pampers  night pull ups or the UnderJams which are like GoodNights but made by Pampers? UnderJams hold more then the nighttime pull-ups. The cheapest I've found them for is through Amazon in the box and do the subscribe option that knocks a couple more dollars off. I've got a 5y DD who has to wear them at night, she does not wake at all either. 

Right now we're using Huggies Pullups Nighttime but they only go to 3t-4t in nighttime ones, and DD is a solid 5t but luckily slim waisted so they just fit. She's allergic to pampers and goodnights - haven't tried Underjams as I don't think they carry those locally and I try to buy local on sale. I'll see if I can get a sample somehow and try them.  I can get the Huggies ones down to around $5-6 a pack, but there is only 21 in a pack so they don't go far since we use 1 or two a night plus 1 or two when out. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#32 of 52 Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

My 5yr old daugher goes poop in the potty when she is at home,  She refuese to go in the potty at school.  I send a change clothes with her,  I got her off the bus and noticed that hse wasn't wareing the clothes that I put onto her this morning.   The teacher has even wrote me notes to tell me now to even try and clean them by hand.   That it's that bad.  The teacher took her on the play ground to play and said she went and hid behind one of the toys and did it in her pants.   I just don't understand why she is doing it at school.  If she can do a poop in the potty at home.   My fiance and I have even tryed to bribe her with McDonolds, and a toys.  But that doesn't seem to work either.   I just don't know I'm at my witts end.  I get so fusterated wit her.   I tell her that a baby does that kind of stuff.  And I ask her if she wants to be a big girl.  And she tells me yes.   So I try and talk to her about it.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 of 52 Old 01-07-2012, 05:38 PM

i have a cousin who is almost  and she is still pooping in her pants and we have tried candy but it is still not working so now we r doing a calender and ever time she poops in the potty she gets to put a sticker on the day that she has pooped and if she poops twice in the same day then she gets to put 2 stickers on and what we did was she and i made a calender our selves but u can also buy 1 too.

another thing that we ha done was every time that she would poop in the potty we would buy her a little present like a barbie doll or a little ball kind of telling her that she has one a good job by pooping 

sincerly, her cousin bailey (:

#34 of 52 Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM

First - Hugs, It's not easy to deal with.

My son used to have the same problem until he was 5. when he started using the toilet he used to hold everything in for days, and when it came out, eventually, he was suffering a lot.

My insights are - at some point I figured out I'm giving him a LOT of attention around this. even though it wasn't a good attention it still was an attention - why wouldn't he take it??

I decided to just clean him up as if nothing have happened (no attention at all). every time he did use the bathroom I praised him for that (positive attention around success).

It worked.

It's not easy, and I do encourage you to find support for yourself, where you can vent out all the anger and angst around this process, so it won't come out on the child.

Ally

#35 of 52 Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

The only thing that worked for us to get rid of dd's constipation and she had days of v. severe as well, was turning around her diet. She is 95-99% vegan now. She does ask for cheese sometimes but other than that she is on a whole foods', vegan diet. Once the fiberless foods like meat, dairy and egg were gone she has never had a difficult poop and is finally not having accidents. Like a pp said I am saying that but a relapse is possible. However, it's no big deal as I know she will never have a hard poop again and will never be discouraged unlike in the past with all the highs and lows. Dd is 5 and 2.5 yrs later (her potty training began at 2.5) she is not constipated and not having accidents any more.

Let me make sure that my thoughts, words and actions are beneficial to the scene in which I find myself ~ Unknown
#36 of 52 Old 01-12-2012, 01:33 AM

Hallo My 6 year old daughter seems to be doing the same.

She makes a Nr2 in her pants when ever where ever. And the smell and the feeling does not seem to bother her at all. We have tried speaking nicely, speaking to her in a firm tone, hidings and time out  - nothing seems to be working or helping. Why will kids her age do this? what can we do to stop it???

#37 of 52 Old 01-12-2012, 06:34 AM

We had a good week last week....

Ds is 8 and has encopresis- we use miralax and potty sits.  I just am so frustrated with it. We go thru so much underwear!  I am so worried what will happen when kids smell him at school.

BUT LAST week he went to the bathroom multiple times to poop and not when we told him- is there light at end of tunnel????

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#38 of 52 Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 AM

Since I posted on this thread a year ago, I thought I'd update to say my DS doesn't have this issue anymore. It is such a relief! Id say it's been about 6 months now, so there really is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel, you guys. For him, I don't know if was just time needed to mature, or what. One thing different now is his dairy consumption. He very rarely drinks milk; he doesn't even usually eat cereal with milk in it. I'm not sure it's related, but if milk was making his tummy act up, I'm sure it impacted his pooping habits, yk? He's the one who decided be didn't want to drink milk anymore, so it wasn't an elimination diet or what-have-you that I had him try. Maybe he knows he doesn't tolerate it easily?

Anyhow, good luck to everyone. I do still have a kid with poop issues, but it's my 4 yo and his situation is different than his older brother's, IMO. At least I hope it's just temporary, and not to the same extent. We are potty training a puppy right now, so I am just so done with poop!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#39 of 52 Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 AM

DW how old was your son when it was remedied? My son is 8.5 and finally starting to take responsiblity for it!

#40 of 52 Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 PM

Hi I have 2 boys aged 6 & 7.  The older boy has suffered from constipation as a baby and the younger one is in my opinion (a bit naughty or young for his age).  We have been struggling with this and seeing doctors who gave nutrition advice and lactulose for years.  Then we have seen the incontinence nurse around the 3 & 4 year time.  She gave the nutrition advice, toilet time advice, reward charts etc.  Then ages 5 & 6 we started to see the doctor who prescribed movicol. Fantastic!  cleared out the bowels (needed to wear pull ups).  But it gave my older son time for his bowels/rectum muscles to come back to normal.  They both are on a little bit of Movicol each day which softens up their poos so something comes out daily.  We have tried many things (toys, lego, scrubbing undies, etc).  The doctor said if the boys still did poos in their pants, they would have to come to hospital and stay for up to 3 weeks, with one of the parents to do a 24/7 toilet training regime.  I was not looking forward to that, because I have to work!  So during the last school holidays, we cleared out their bowels using the movicol and toilet time after breakfast & dinner.  It was the holidays from hell, a lot of poo but none in the toilet... grrr.  My husband has been getting more involved this last year of it, which has helped me.  They have this computer game they like, but in order to advance even further ahead you need game gold.  Which you have to buy with real $$.  So we used that as a bribe.  We have used multiple bribes over the years so why should this be any different.  But it has worked.  Now we have 2 boys that race to use the toilet after breakfast after school and whenever they 'FEEL LIKE IT'.  And within 30 seconds of sitting on the toilet are yelling at the top of their lungs "mum and dad, I did a poo in the toilet!".  

What I think has worked; is the medicine (so poos are not painful), the younger brother really wanted this "game gold".  The older brother (who has the real constipation problem) didnt want to be shown up by his little brother, DAD got involved more.  The younger brother who has been a bit slow in developing his speech has grown up more and become more aware of his actions.

Another thing, lately I have been doing a meal-replacement drink in the morning for my breakfast which is mainly milk.  Owweee I now have a little bit of constipation.  I wasnt aware milk could do that but now I do.  I wonder now if that was the issue for the kids.  That's all they drank as babies & toddlers, didnt like juice or water.  And I couldnt get any veges or fruit in them.

In my heart of hearts I knew they would grow out of it, I just didnt know when.  But I was fully prepared to go to the hospital to do their toilet training regime.  They were going to cleanse out their poos by a medicine given by drip which would have cleared them out in a day.  Then a nurse would come and have set times with them to use the toilet.  This could take 2-3 weeks.  But the doctor assured us that it does work.  With the medicine Im using, I can give more if we dont get any poos and less so they have daily poos.  But it has only been 3 weeks and whats happening at the moment is like a miracle.  They go on their own now.  Lets hope it continues!

#41 of 52 Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 AM

Please Help.......

My daughter just turned 5 in Feb, and she is doing the same thing. She done really good for about 4-5 months and now it is almost everyday 3/4 times a day. VERY VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

#42 of 52 Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM

The doctor suggested we clean ds out ( almost 9) with mineral oil then start over.  He is excreteing bowel matter in his underwear multiple times a day.  I am giving the mineral oil Thursday. 

#43 of 52 Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 AM

hello,
my 5 year old daughter has had the ssame problem as sharrons , i have been back aand forth from different doctors for the past 2 years and nothing is working, please help open for any suggestions...

#44 of 52 Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 AM

hello , my daughter has the sameproblem please help..

#45 of 52 Old 07-17-2012, 06:46 AM

hello , my Son has the same problem please help..
#46 of 52 Old 08-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Hi. I am also relief to know that i am not alone. I an so frastrated and i can feel your pain, believe me. I will try the recommendation listed and i will let u guys know if it works.

Dont feel that u r the only mom that said harsh things to ur child. I must confess that i did too. I have even given her some lashes to think that it will work. but that didn't. And i regret every negative thing that i  have done to her out of this frastration.

Thanks for all the information provided here.

#47 of 52 Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 PM

Hi my daughter seems to have this too. any information would be amazing
thank you
#48 of 52 Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 AM

My son is 4 and will not poop in the toilet either. He has even gotten to the point that he will go get a pull-up himself (we're still working on nighttime training), put it on, poop and let you know he needs to be cleaned up. He has this fear of the toilet for pooping but he will pee all day in it. I'm at my wits end. I'm trying not to stress about it too much and let him do it when he feels comfortable but he starts Kindergarten next year and we don't keep this up forever.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#49 of 52 Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM

What ended up happening? My daughter is five and I'm so sick of her pooping in her pants everyday!!! She has had UTI after UTI from this greensad.gif I'm at a dead end on trying
#50 of 52 Old 10-25-2013, 06:22 PM

Oh, I went through this with my daughter. It was a terrible, sad, frustrating time, and it was only a phase that lasted for a few months for us, so I really feel for you, truly. In our case it was chronic constipation. I would give her a suppository twice per week just to clean her out, but she was too scared to use the toilet on her own. She would sit there on the potty for twenty minutes at a time, watching videos and reading books, but nothing would come out. Then, as soon as i let her go on her way, she would have an accident.

I noticed that she wasn't really getting enough fluids in her, so I started to make her drink a little glass of water often throughout the day, even though she protested that she wasn't thirsty. It went like this, want to go for a walk, or watch tv, or anything else that's fun? Okay, but drink this water first. After a couple of days, the urge for her to poop became so strong that she ran to the bathroom by herself. She was still scared, so I would sit in front of her on a stool, rub her back and encourage her. It was literally like coaching through labor, with me saying, push, push, push, push. But she did it, after 10 minutes or so, and we cheered and celebrated. This went on for about two weeks, and eventually she forgot over her fear and finally started using the bathroom on her own. She has not had an accident in over six months now, but I will have to continue to stay on top of her fluid intake.

I wish you good luck and lots of patience.
#51 of 52 Old 10-30-2013, 06:30 PM

My youngest daughter just turned 4 not too long ago and she still asks for a pull-up to go poop in. She also still has pee accidents at this age. I have two older children that had accidents at times but all 3 children were different than one another. My middle child is almost 12 now and she had to wear a big kid pullup until she was almost 8 years old at night while sleeping because she always had accidents. I don't have any advice but I have been there in various ways and know the feeling of having a child that can't just go in the toilet like others do. It's frustrating.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#52 of 52 Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post

My son is 4 and will not poop in the toilet either. He has even gotten to the point that he will go get a pull-up himself (we're still working on nighttime training), put it on, poop and let you know he needs to be cleaned up. He has this fear of the toilet for pooping but he will pee all day in it. I'm at my wits end. I'm trying not to stress about it too much and let him do it when he feels comfortable but he starts Kindergarten next year and we don't keep this up forever.

What's odd is that my 4 year old did poop in the potty at her preschool once back in the summer when she was still 3 years old. They even told me she did. But yet she has never once used the toilet at home to go poop. I don't get it. But at least I know that when she is away from me if she has a strong urge she will do it in the potty.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page