panties and wedgies in "girl parts" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-31-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies!

My DD is 6, and a new issue has recently emerged- she is saying that is constantly getting "wedgies" in her girl bits.

I have been trying to determine the issue, and for a while it was because she was wearing her panties backward.  But even when I make sure her panties are on the right way, she seems to still have issues. We purchased new panties because I thought maybe it was because her panties were too small, still have issues.  I bought boyshort style panties, and those seem to help, but she still says she is still having issues.

Any ideas for what I might be possibly not thinking of?

BTW- what is up with little girl pants?! WHY WHY WHY are they low rise?  Thank goodness for little boy pants that aren't low rise.

Proud Catholic transtichel.gif(28) and mama to Vdust.gif (7)

#2 of 11 Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM

Is it possible it's her pants that are too small? That can cause the same type of problem. Or she has been trying to keep her pants up past a certain point (if she does wear girls pants which can be exceptionally low) and the process of pulling her pants up has be causing the wedgies since they are technically as high as they meant to go.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#3 of 11 Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking that might be part of it, but she's got brand new pants now.

I finally got the adjustable waist adjusted to the right point, so maybe that is going to help.

I am hoping the combo of the right sized pants and the boy short panties will make a difference.

Proud Catholic transtichel.gif(28) and mama to Vdust.gif (7)

#4 of 11 Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM

When I was a kid, we called the wedgie in the front a "melvin".

I think going without underwear would be OK, as long as her pants are a soft fabric.

#5 of 11 Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I hear you on the low rise jeans. DD1 can only wear skinny, slim jeans, they are the only ones slim enough for her, they only come in low rise which then creates the same underwear issue you guys are having. I have found no solution regarding the underwear, we have a large collection of brands, she now just refuses to wear jeans. Which now has me trying to find the skinniest leggings in a size 8, if it isn't one problem it is another. eyesroll.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#6 of 11 Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 PM

My dd HATES "vulva wedgies" as she calls them. I finally started buying her actual boys underwear. Not boy "style" but real boy underpants. They have a wider band on the legs and waist and don't ride up. They are just more substantial and she loves them. I also hate low rider pants with a passion.

Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
#7 of 11 Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averlee View Post

When I was a kid, we called the wedgie in the front a "melvin".

OH, there's a word we're gonna start using around here!!

Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
#8 of 11 Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 PM

The undies that really helped my daughter with this issue (same age, same issue) were Hanna Anderson.  It felt like we tried a million pairs and nothing worked until we got her them.

#9 of 11 Old 02-04-2011, 04:17 AM

over here we call a frontal wedgie a "fredgie" heh

and i totally agree with pp that boys underwear is great, i love mine haha they cup ur bum like a bum-bra and i never get fredgies anymore. though for a little girl it might feel a bit weird wearing boys underpants, so maybe get some girly iron-on transfers to decorate them x

heartbeat.gifmy DH DS (5) angel1.gifx2... rainbow1284.gif DD 8th oct!! 9lb 5oz  Madison Akina-Mae - i wear her, feed her, co-sleep and hold her just about every minute of the day DS is my little scientist and the most loving person i ever did meet.  I'm lucky and I know it
#10 of 11 Old 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Have you tried different brands. A lot of people recommended Hanna Anderson underpants and they are really nice. The girls designs seems to be a really generous cut.http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7c1%7c2%7c24%7c28%7c9%7c%7c&simg=37963_001

Seriously, I wish my underwear were as nice as my son's which DH says is "the sadest thing ever." From personal experience, most underwear are not well designed.

#11 of 11 Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM

I am so totally LOL at "bum-bra"!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corban's mum View Post

over here we call a frontal wedgie a "fredgie" heh

and i totally agree with pp that boys underwear is great, i love mine haha they cup ur bum like a bum-bra and i never get fredgies anymore. though for a little girl it might feel a bit weird wearing boys underpants, so maybe get some girly iron-on transfers to decorate them x

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page