Simple question about heavy duty pull-ups - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2011, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 5 yr old boy is a night wetter, and he pees through the 7th gen pull ups.  He will not wear cloth "diapers" because he "is not a baby".  Any suggestions for a pull up that lasts through the night, or something I could add to it?  I haven't tried an insert yet.  He's an average sized 5 year old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 AM

What about those goodnights?  

They are pull ups in bigger sizes for bedwetting.  

What about doubling or tripling undies?  

Mommy to 3 gifts from God! 
Nate dog 5/15/04
Lil' G 11/8/07
My Shamrock 3/17/10
ribbonpink.gif
Old 04-17-2011, 08:46 AM

Hmm, my just turned 6 year old *just* came out of pull ups at night about 2 months ago. We found the Whole Foods brand (365) to work really good. With that said we also ALWAYS potty him before we go to bed, so he's already been asleep about 3 hours. (I should add that my son is disabled and does not yet walk however he can knee walk. We have a potty in his room on the floor with a pad underneath it so he can go by himself when he needs to.) 

I know you are not asking how to get him out of pull ups but I just wanted to share our experience... we thought we tried everything to get him to stop wetting his pants/pull up... cloth, limiting liquids, homeopathic remedies, pottying him a few times a night. Yet he would always still be a little wet, even from a short nap time. Finally as an almost last ditch effort, I let him pick his own bedding, sheets and comforter. I told him he could only use it if he wore underwear and kept them dry. Wouldn't you know it, that little stinker is dry 90% of the time now! 

Good luck!

Opinionated Mama to dd 2/23/03, ds 3/20/05 hbac, dd 1/23/08 2hbac, and baby #4 due in June 2010!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:47 AM

Yep, we use the older child overnight disposables.  Our Target carries two types - the Pampers and Huggies, though it's difficult to discern which is which from the labeling.  My daughter, 6.5 yo, is in the size small, so you're looking for the pants that are NOT in the size 1-size 5 labeling scheme.  I think small for the older child pants is like 38-65 pounds and they go up from there.

Good luck!  When she's wet, she's soaked!

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004

User Tag List