Do your kids wear undershirts? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 04-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, DS wears either a tank style white undershirt (think old guy with beer gut style : ) or a plain white T under any shirt he wears. He grew up way South of here and claims that his body is just not built for this horrible, horrible climate and until we move he needs to keep himself warm. But he's a tad dramatic.

DD wears undershirts if needed, which is often. I find a lot of girls shirts are either to short and ride up on her belly or way to big in the neck. (even the H.A. shirts have big necks!) I get squeamish at the thought of her trotting off to school with most of her chest visible, so a little undershirt or a tank top solves the problem. Plus it keeps her warm - in agreement with my son : )

My other Ds's wear underarmour type shirts under their shirts, one because he's an athlete and often on the field in inclement weather, the other, because he's in awe of his big bro and wants to dress just like him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 PM

My kids do in the fall/winter/spring. But not in the summer. DD wears a tank style and DS wears the crew t-shirt style.

#33 of 34 Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Both of my boys wear ribbed tank tops every single day.  They like the tightness of it for sensory reasons.  It's very grounding to them.

Bring back the old MDC
#34 of 34 Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM

Nope. We live in Canada...not the coldest part mind you winky.gif

We do layers if its cold. I find undershirts annoying, because if it gets hot it seems weird to just wear the undershirt, where as, if you were wearing a t-shirt you could wear that with no problem.

It's normal for us to wear a t-shirt, then a hoodie, then a rain jacket.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page