I need party game ideas for a "Hello Kitty" party! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dd will be 8 at the weekend and is having a Hello Kitty party (we live in Germany Hello Kitty is not passé for 8 yr olds here!)  I have all the decorations etc. I have lost count of the number of girls coming but I guess 12-15 +. Can you recommend some really good party games for indoors or outdoors? I have a few ideas but not enough...!

#2 of 4 Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Pin the bow on the kitty?

Hello Kitty Bingo?

Pass the parcel (you can wrap up a Hello Kitty doll ten or twelve times and each time the music stops a child unwraps a layer of paper and then the game continues until the parcel is revealed and that player is the winner)

You could also have a coloring table of Kitty Pages (you could get these online)

You could do a make your own Hello Kitty jewelery if you have a bead store near you and each guest could make a necklace or a bracelet as their favor.

HK Piñata?  I love a piñata!

Musical cushions?

You could also have a scavenger hunt of sorts, hide toilet rolls all over the yard each with a sticker of HK and a number 1 - #of guests and then have a prize table with the prizes (like erasers, stickers, etc) numbered and wrapped up corresponding to the tubes, maybe have three really awesome prizes for fun.

If you have HK cookie cutters you could bake a bunch of HK cookies and let the kids decortate them with frosting and sprinkles.

Despite being an avid feminist against all stereotypical enforcement of girlhood...I cannot wait to have girl party! :o

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#3 of 4 Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Love your ideas hakeber! She did have a smaller party yesterday as she didn't have a party last year due the family illness. We went to the local reptile zoo and she and eight friends, boys and girls were shown around and got access to lots of amazing creatures. Her photo opportunity was having a snake around her neck - so she can do girly and not so much!

I think we are expecting about 15, any more idea for more crazy fun general party games that don't have to be Hello Kitty per say as I have plenty of H.K. prizes to give away.

We scored a Hello Kitty pinata so happy about that.

#4 of 4 Old 05-19-2011, 06:02 AM

I saw the title and the first thing I thought was "Pin the mouth on Hello Kitty".  Poor Hello Kitty, she has no mouth :)

Sorry, that's all I've got.  I would love to come to e Hello Kitty party.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page