Do you order magazines for your kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If so which ones? I just ordered Ds1 the National Geographic Little Kids magazine. I think he'll love because he loves animals. So I started wondering what other magazines are out there for little kids...say ages 3-6 years old? I knew I could get some good ideas from the Mamas on here. 

Jess  SAHM to Daniel  (09/07) and Samuel  (06/10)and Katie Lee (11/11) we're with #4 edd 4/15 Wifey to my "geek" : David  for 14 yrs. ( 4/09 @ 19 weeks).
#2 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 05:43 PM

The entire Cricket family of magazines is fantastic. There's something for every age and interest. We started with Babybug, then Ladybug, then Spider.

I don't know much about the NG little kids mags, but someone gave my ds a subscription to NG Kids and I loathed it. It was plastered in ads, and had a really flashy, unpleasant look.

http://www.cricketmag.com/ProductList.aspx?type=M
#3 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 PM

We get 'my big backyard' and 'click' both presents from grandparents. My big backyard is the preschool ranger Rick and click is more science-y
#4 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 PM

Because I work at a library, we don't subscribe to any magazines (I bring them home to dd).  If you have a public library near you, you might check that out first to see what appeals to your LO before subscribing.

The magazines dd read when she was younger were things already mentioned above.  She's 9 now, so she's reading other things that are more content-specific that interest her, such as Young Rider (she rides horses), Muse, Calliope... but when she was younger she definitely likes the mags that had a lot of variety.

#5 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions. The "My Big Back Yard" magazine was just what I was looking for !

Jess  SAHM to Daniel  (09/07) and Samuel  (06/10)and Katie Lee (11/11) we're with #4 edd 4/15 Wifey to my "geek" : David  for 14 yrs. ( 4/09 @ 19 weeks).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page