Nipple tenderness at age - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter just told me that her nipples feel "sore underneath" on both sides. We took a look and could not feel any swelling yet, but she confirmed that she is feeling tender.
She is just turning eight this week. I am assuming this is the beginning of her breast bud development. I really did not expect this for a year or two! My feeling is that this is a touch early but still in the realm of ok. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

No replies? Help a worried mama out! innocent.gif
Old 07-26-2011, 12:25 AM

I remember my chest feeling sore at around age 9 though I didn't have much actual breast until age 11-13. Perhaps she's just sprouting early?

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM

i honestly can't remember how old i was, but i remember having that kind of tenderness long long long before i got real breasts or other outward signs of puberty (one could argue that i still don't have breasts :) ). i was fascinated and confused by the whole process and actually kept a little record of what was going on because they felt so different everyday. hahah, man i was nerdy. anyway, your dd is lucky to feel comfortable enough to talk to you about it. i wouldn't have told my mom about it if you'd paid me. 

i was definitely older than just 8, but not much, but i also hit puberty later than most anyway. if other people in your family tend to be on the earlier side (especially if there are shorter, curvier women in the family) than it seems to be expected. 

User Tag List