what time does your child wakeup/go to bed? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is 5 and goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 depending on how much he's dragging his heels and is out by 9. He's up at 6:30.

Jessica reading.gif married to the love of my life jammin.gif

Momma to: Levi (09/06)superhero.gif, Junior (09/05) angel.gif, Teagann (11/10) angel.gif and two furbabies Nugget and Boo cat.gifflowerkitty.gif TTC our next bundle of love since 1/11makebabe.gif

#32 of 39 Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

DD#1 bedtime 9pm lightout by 10pm wakes somewhere between 8-9am ussually she is jsut shy of 9 years old

DD#2 bedtime between 6:30-8pm depending on when she napped and her cues (mostly the 6:30ish slot) still wakes a few tiems in the night up for the day around 6am.. 19 months

Deanna

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
#33 of 39 Old 10-20-2011, 07:33 AM

4.5yo is asleep around 8, up at 7am. Almost-7yo is asleep around 8:45 and usually up 6:30 to 7am. 

I think 8am is late to sleep in the morning!

#34 of 39 Old 10-21-2011, 06:13 AM

I think your children are close to the max you could expect them to sleep (and you are very luckywinky.gif) ; perhaps you should print this out and leave it laying around

Child Sleep: Recommended Hours For Every Age.

My children are early risers in general, no matter what time they went to bed (not unusual for small children), so we have had to take some measures so we get some sleep. They each have room darkening curtains--ds (7.5) has ADHD and problems getting/staying asleep so he had them first; we got them for dd (5) because she was getting up at the crack of dawn and we want to be able to sleep until 7am on weekends (Target has some less expensive, shorter, and "child friendly" colors, Walmart has some thicker, more expensive, but very good darkening curtains).  Last night we put them to bed at 7pm because dd has a mild cold and ds was coughing a bit; ds was up around 5am and I woke dd up, though it was easier than normal. When I was little I would get up around 6am on the weekends.

Currently, we try to get them to bed by 7:30pm and they wake at 6am to get ready for school (leave with dh at 7:15am)--if I don't have dh to help (sick or doing homework) I usually can't herd them to bed until 8pm. Ds is ok with 10hrs sleep but I think dd could use 11hrs.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#35 of 39 Old 10-21-2011, 06:23 AM

We don't believe in mornings.  lol.gif

DS (4.5yo) falls asleep between 9:30 and 11 most nights.  He gets up between 8:30 and 10 most mornings, whenever I wake up.   

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#36 of 39 Old 10-21-2011, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I cannot imagine getting my kids to bed that early. They would be up a lot earlier than 8am if I was able to get them to sleep that early.

DD (age 5) goes to bed at 8pm and is up around 6:30. On weekends when she can wake up whenever she wants it's usually 7 or 8am. Before starting a medication that makes her sleepy she had a really tough time going to bed before 9:30 or 10 but also a really hard time getting up to go to daycare. She would naturally sleep later, but would also naturally go to bed later too. I think her internal clock is set to a bit later schedule. Too bad our lifestyle cannot accommodate.

DS (age 8) goes to bed around 8:45 and wakes up at 5:30. We tried putting him to bed at the same time as his sister and he kept waking up at 4:30ish, so we had to move his bedtime later. DS has always always been an earlier riser. I can count a handful of times in his entire life (infant to now) when he has slept past 6am. It doesn't matter what time he went to bed he's up by 6:00.

It sounds to me like your kids are getting plenty of sleep and if the routine works for you I wouldn't worry too much. Sleeping until 8 sounds like luxury to me.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#37 of 39 Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 AM

On school nights my 7 year old goes to bed at 8:30 & wakes up at 7. On weekends he goes to bed at 10 & usually wakes up around 8. 

My 3 week old has no schedule of course. orngtongue.gif

#38 of 39 Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

My 4 year old goes to bed between 7pm-8:30 pm..Just depends on whether she napped at preschool or not..But she gets up between 5:30-6am because I have to go to work.On Sundays she might sleep till 7am...She has never been a late sleeper like other kids but she has also had to get up early most of her life so I could go to work...

#39 of 39 Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 PM

This post has been removed due to privacy reasons.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page