Does ur preschooler nap? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-03-2011, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

And for how long? Dd goes in the morning batch and takes forever to nap. I'd of course like her to nap as early as possible so it doesn't mess up her night sleep but it has been v. hard so far. If she doesn't nap, at some point, like around 5 pm, she is totally out of it.

Let me make sure that my thoughts, words and actions are beneficial to the scene in which I find myself ~ Unknown
#2 of 9 Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 3 year old preschooler naps for about 1-1.5 hours.  Every now and then (maybe once a month) she'll skip a nap and go to bed at 6 pm.  She usually goes to bed around 7.  If she sleeps longer than 1.5 hours, she'll stay up until 7:30 or 8.

#3 of 9 Old 11-04-2011, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

thanks. if dd naps for 1.5 hrs or more she'll be still awake in bed at 10 and falls off some time after that. but, she is 4 3/4 yo.

Let me make sure that my thoughts, words and actions are beneficial to the scene in which I find myself ~ Unknown
#4 of 9 Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 AM

my preschooler stopped napping about a year ago

#5 of 9 Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My three kids that are older then 2, stopped napping right when they turned 2. So now, by the time they went to preschool, they were far beyond napping!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#6 of 9 Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 PM

My kids are older. Ds stopped napping at age 2, maybe a little younger. Dd did short naps (never longer than 45 minutes) until she hit 3. Then she started taking long naps, but only at daycare. But if we let her sleep too long, then she was up until all hours at night. At home, she never napped.

For both kids, there was an awful period for 3-6 months while they transitioned out of a nap. They were too tired to go without one, but didn't sleep or wouldn't ever go to bed if they did have one.  We gave up attempting naps when it took us longer to get them down than they slept for.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#7 of 9 Old 11-05-2011, 08:02 AM

My 2 year old naps about an hour, my 4 year old naps maybe once or twice a week.

#8 of 9 Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Dd didn't nap either. But, since she has started school this Sep. she's waking up much earlier than she used to and is cranky but will not nap easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlessings View Post

my preschooler stopped napping about a year ago

#9 of 9 Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 PM

My 3 year old naps maybe half the time.  If we've been really active during the day she'll usually nap around 2 for 90 minutes.

obstruct livery vehicles

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page