Looking for girly pants/skirts with pockets - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD (5) is obsessed with pockets. She won't wear anything without pockets. As spring approaches (we live in SoCal, so winter is short!), I'm looking for lightweight pants and skirts with pockets. I would LOVE to find leggings with pockets -- is that a crazy dream?? She's a size 6 for bottoms. Any suggestions?

thanks,

-e

Momma to 8 y.o. DS and 5 y.o. DD. Married to a Maker!

#2 of 3 Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think leggings with pockets might be a dream (since leggings are tight fitting).

That said, if she is up for dresses, Land's End has girls dresses with side pockets my DD always liked (and my DS for that matter, lol, he had one he *loved* that was bought just for him).

This one is on sale for $15:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/JerseyDress~223936_1186.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ILS&CM_MERCH=IDX_Girls-_-DressesSkirtsSkorts-_-LittleKid&origin=index

http://www.landsend.com/pp/JerseyDress~223936_1187.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ILS&CM_MERCH=IDX_Girls-_-DressesSkirtsSkorts&origin=index

We were also lucky with dresses/skirts at Hanna Anderson and pockets.

For lightweight pants with pockets, you might look at capris made with lighter material (light cotton, seersucker...).  If you have the $ and inclination, REI has very lightweight pants with TONS of pockets (since they're made for hiking) that zip off.

Good luck!

#3 of 3 Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've never found leggings with pockets, or indeed that many skirts. However DD does have quite a few tops and dresses with pockets which she tneds to wear with leggings.

Hooded sweatshirts tend to have decent pockets but we've also found t shirts, knitted cardigans and tunic style tops with pockets. In a lot of cases they are not much use for actually keeping stuff in but maybe they would work for your DD.

Tags
Children

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page