Hanna Andersson- what size to go with? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Right now I'm looking into spring dresses for the girls.  My 2yo wears a size 80,and they fit her well with growing room.  My 4yo only has one hanna dress, it's a size 110 which was recommended by the salespeople.  It's almost too short on her arms, and is shorter in length than I would like. Would it be weird to get size 120 dresses for her?  The website says size 120 is 6-8 years!  She does have a tall torso though, and wears a 5-6 in lands end dresses (at least the ones we got from the thrift store).

What do you think?

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#2 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Some of the Hanna dresses lately are more tunic style so they are shorter then what I like as well. For those styles, I buy bigger. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM

I'd just measure how tall your DD is :).  Or maybe you have done that.  I have found they run quite true to size, except the sweater knit ones that I put in the dryer - those I buy bigger because I shrink them.

Tjej

#4 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 AM

My children, who basically live in HA clothing (we live near an outlet) wore 120's for a long time.  They started wearing them around age 5, maybe late 4's.   Now at age 7 they mostly wear 130's (the 120 waists still fit but they are too short).  I'd say that if your daughter wear a Land's End 5-6, a 120 w/b the best fit. 

p.s.  I do not dry my children's clothing so i do not take into consideration shrinkage.

#5 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 PM

My daughter has a long torso and has always had to go up a size for Hanna Andersson dresses (Ebay is my friend for those). Right now dd is 7 and needs a 140, which says ages 9-11 on their site! I found that out because she was wearing a size 130 the other day and the dress was far too short. Luckily it's winter so she was wearing leggings, but I can't let her go into summer in that size.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)

Tags
Child

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page