Major discomfort w/ 6 year old molars - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS (6) is getting all 4 molars at once.  His fingers are constantly in his mouth, he's chewing on his shirt all of the time, and seems generally irritable a lot of the time.  Any ideas for making this an easier process for him?

Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 02:45 PM

Yikes!  Sorry to hear this Mama.  Teething for us seems like a life long battle, so I know your (and your child's pain).  DS has always struggled.  Most recently, he has struggled with the same 2 molars for what seems like forever.  For minor tooth pain, hylands teething tablets work.  For major pain, I use a combination of kids relief pain and fever (they have a teething formula too) and motrin.  I really don't care to use motrin or tylenol (especially with all the recalls!), but for us, it is the only way to get relief.  Sometimes he chews on ice chips, frozen squeezy yogurts, or frozen pops of some sort...he says it helps some.  Hope he gets relief soon.  I know it is so hard!!

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#3 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the ideas, Christine!  Those are some helpful suggestions.  Sorry your DS has had a hard time with teething, as well.  Congrats on your pg!!

#4 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 04:59 PM

My daughter (almost 7) had a miserable time as well.  I have ice pop molds and would just make them with plain water and she would have 'icicles' when they were aching.  It seemed to help!

Good luck!  The adult teeth do seem so big in their little mouths just now...

#5 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPiper View Post

Good luck!  The adult teeth do seem so big in their little mouths just now...

Don't they?!  Thanks for the ice pops idea... DS would like that.

Tags
Child , Childhood , Children

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page