Book Swap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope this is OK to post in here, I'm sorry if it's not I can take it down!

I've been trying to organize a book swap for about a week now on my facebook with absolutely no interest from my friends - it's driving me nuts!

I've already signed up and sent my book so the little girl who was ahead of me is waiting on her books and I still need to round up 2 more people. This is the way it works

You buy 1 book and your child will get 36 books in return. A mom came up with it and its all on the honor system but what happens is I will mail you 2 letters with directions, one will be blank and the other will have the name/address/age of 2 children. You mail a book to child #1. Make 12 copies of the blank letter and get 6 friends who also want to participate. Move child #2 into slot #1 then put your child in slot #2. Mail the letter with the new info along with a blank one to the 6 people who also wanted to do it.

Anyone interested???

familybed1.gif   novaxnocirc.gif   treehugger.gif   bfolderchild.gif   homebirth.jpg  signcirc1.gifcd.gif    angel.gif one Angel Son

pos.gif Due in DEC 2014!

kid.gif Boy born 2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 PM

Do they have to be brand new books? 

K, Momma to angel3.gifA(born still 8/22/00), DD A(1/31/06) and DS A(3/13/08), and Baby A (2/2/12)

Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 AM

I'm not surprised you're getting no interest.  I hate these pyramid schemes and never participate.  For us, they usually involve stickers, but I would be even less inclined to participate in a book scheme.  My family loves to go to bookstores and find books that appeal to each of us, so the though of a randomly sent book from a stranger really doesn't go over.  Sorry.

If it was a swap meet, where everyone met and could exchange books they didn't want anymore, I would definitely be interested.  

Tags
Child
User Tag List