Mothering Forum banner

February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :)

Tags
childhood
29K views 1K replies 13 participants last post by  mckittre 
#1 ·
Are we ready for this??? Our sweet little babies are growing up!

And I just have to say that I think it is so awesome that we have been chatting for well over 3 years now! I am so thankful to have all you awesome mamas in my life :)

So let's keep chatting!

#952 ·
LOL Mal! :)

Everr: Bus guy is still in the picture? Whoah! :) I hope that a 2nd baby happens for you bc I know that ache of wanting one! You never know though - you may write off the idea bc it's taking too long and then eventually get married again and revisit the idea. You still have time!

Cindy

#953 ·
I need some positive vibes coming my way, ladies! DH and I decided to contact a new real estate agent since our contract with the other expired. So we got in touch with the agent that is working on the house we really want. The one we've made several offers on already. We figured if she is looking at getting the full commission on the sale then maybe she'd be more motivated and be able to work some magic. Plus the fact that she is known in town for being a very aggressive agent and getting the job done. So, we contacted her yesterday and she is very excited about it. She was going to contact the sellers last night and see what she could do. We could wait and have the money to meet them where they are at by the end of the summer, but we'd obviously rather pay less for the house if we can. And it'd be so great if we could get out of my parents house sooner rather than later!

#954 ·
Thanks Mamas! We are so excited. It is still sinking in. We will wait several weeks to share with the girls I think. Although , I could do it. SHe sometimes I think I might burst with the news. Fiona talked about the baby in my belly the day before I even tested. Sort of weird. I also talked to my Dr today about progesterone. She said if I wanted it she could do it. IF I wanted to get tested today that she could get me in. My first appointment is July 1st. I decided to just go with that. She and I both think I'm not nececarily in need of it and it is one of those things that is a bit unproven as to weather it helps prevent miscarriage or not. More often used for IVF patients or someone with recurrent miscariages. My gut tells me everything is fine. She said that is the best sign! Along with the falling asleep at 7:30pm and morning sickness that has started before even hitting 4 weeks! She left it up to me and I have decided to just trust that it will be ok.

Mal: FIngers crossed you get into a new house soon. I could not live with my Mother!

Forgive my typos. Having major computer issues around here!

#955 ·
Sue- so exciting, I am thinking sticky, sticky thoughts!!

Mal- crossing my fingers for the house. Switching real estate agents seems promising.

Adding another child- I sent Coraline to daycare and just hung at the house with the big girls one day and it solidifieid the fact that i don't want to deal with little babies anymore. I am just ready to move onto other things. I am waiting on a call from the gyn to schedule the insertion of one of those t-shaped things which i know what it is called but I am totally blanking, you know mirena..oh yeah IUD.

Us- we are still so freaking broke it's insane.But we aren't as desperate as we were, i feel like there is hope now; before I was afraid we were goign to lose everything. I'm selling that awesome co-sleeper I won b/c we just NEED money, I'm thinking of selling that stokke I picked up for $5 but June is resistant. Nothing has been turned off again thanks to my sister paying my electric bill but now on top of the other bills that are due we owe so many people money. I'm really thinking I might need to get a job or something. But I can't imagine school, kids, and an overnight job. I know it's crazy but I just feel like we need to do SOMETHING! I think I am also going to cancel my cellphone, that would save $50.00. a month. other than that, the school year is over and I am loving just hanging with the girls, I only have one class so I feel like I have so much free time. juniper is hilarious. She correctly used shall in a sentence. ( We shall do this at my birthday party. yes, she is planning her birthday party.) okay, Coraline needs me.

#956 ·
I applied for a night position at the starbucks down the street from me. And hey if I get the job one of the perks is a pound of coffee every week and if I'm working nights I could sure use it. LOL.

#957 ·
Nights, like late? Or is it 24 hours?

I've heard that Starbucks is a really good employer. Or, that's the word around here, anyway.

Good luck!

Sue ... How's our wee bairn?

Mal ... Housing update?

#958 ·
My nephew worked at Starbucks for a while. He loved it! Good luck!!

I'm doing well! A little sick and really tired. Yeah! I'll take it. I have an appointment next week and then we are going to tell the kiddos. I want to tell them before DH goes out to sea on the 12th. I'm sort of bursting at the seems a bit. it's hard to not share the news! I don't want to tell DH's family until after he is back from sea because I just can't deal with his mother calling to "check on me." I really can't! My gut tells me everything is fine with the babe though. Really feeling so happy about this. :)

Today is our 8 year anniversary. I'm going to go clean the house as my gift to DH and make him a card. Then we are making pizza for the kids (allergy friendly) and getting take out pizza and apps for us from the yummy place in town.

Fiona has spent the last 5 nights sleeping in her own room! So awesome! She just decided on her own to start and told me she is going to do it for 100 nights! DH is on retucking duty when her blankies aren't right. Which is often since she is such a restless sleeper. But this is huge progress and I love that it is all coming from her. Once I know that this new routine is firmly planted I'm going to work on moving Maeve to the sidecarred twin bed in our room. Likely it will just start as part of the night which is how it was with F and hopefully by the time baby arrives she is there till morning. We shall see what she thinks of this plan though! :)

#960 ·
Courtney, hope the job goes well! You rock, mama!

Sue: So glad to hear things are going well so far. I am so bad at keeping that stuff a secret, I would be bursting too!! And yay for Fiona!

No house update so far. We sent over the official offer Monday night. The agent made it sound like it's in the bag and was ready to go ahead and schedule an inspection for this week and everything. We were hoping to get a response yesterday, but nothing yet. The sellers have until noon today to give us their answer. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, since we've been so close to getting this house so many times now and it didn't happen. We will see what happens today...

#961 ·
Mal: I'd be a wreck waiting to hear over there! I was such a nervous wreck whenever we were waiting on offers (on all 8 houses we put offers on! though I didn't care as much about some as I did others). I hope you get it!!! Let us know please!!

Sue: I am so glad you have a good feeling this time. I know what you mean. I just sort of had a bad feeling about things when I had my miscarriage. I never had that feeling when I was pregnant with Aria, I think I did know inside that everything would be ok (though I def had a hard time believeing myself). I wonder what Fiona's reaction will be since she is older this time and also knows what it means to have a baby around. Hooray for sleeping in her own room and on her own terms.

So Makenna pitched a fit about still wearing diapers to bed. DH is all concerned about it too, even though our pediatrician said it's more common for kids to still sleep in diapers at this age than not. Not sure if that is correct? Last night was night #2. DH took her to pee at 11:30 both nights. Night #1 was a good one. Last night she peed the bed 2 hours afte DH took her. At least it's her own bed! I sure hope I'm not washing bedding every single day for very long though! Anyone have any tips? She is such a sound sleeper that she just never wakes to have to pee. I don't know how to get around that? And of course DH refuses to limit her fluids in the evening and lets her drink a ton of water before bed.

Cindy

#962 ·
We got the house!! At least that's what I'm told anyway. I haven't seen it ith my own eyes yet, so I'm not sure I can believe it. But the agent texted earlier and said the sellers are sending the contract over and they are accepting! They have a renter's agreement that says they have to give their renters 60 days, so we will close on August 26. The only downside is that DH and I have a trip planned and paid for over Labor Day weekend, just days after we close. My cousin is actually the one renting the house, so I'm thinking about telling her they can take the long weekend to move out and we'll move in the next week... I am so excited!!!! We finally have a house and it's the one we have wanted all along!

#965 ·
Mal, that's awesome news! And Sue how nice that Fiona moved out on her own.

The starbucks is 24 hours so i said I was avaliable from 9 pm to 5 am but I just applied part time. I really hope they hire me but I haven't heard back yet. I don't want to have to go work at mcdonalds or anything but I need a middle of the night job so Chris will be home with the kids.

#966 ·
Congrats Mal, that's exciting news!!

Courtney - I hope you get the job!

Cindy - Oh still peeing in diapers would be frustrating. I know it is completely normal though. I was super lucky with R, he was fully out of diapers at 2 (day and night). I have a friend who has an 8 year old who still wets the bed almost every night :( My only suggestion is limiting fluids.. Why does your dh oppose that idea?

Sue - Congrats again!!! I wish I could get R to easily sleep on his own. It involves a tantrum almost every night, tears, bribery, threats. It's not pleasant :/

AFM - Well, I'm not having a great day. Remember my ex who had an affair and ran off with a teenager? Well they are still together and just had a baby. I just found out last night and almost threw up. There should be a law against people having babies when they don't even take care of the one they already have. Plus it just makes me so angry. It's like he has absolutely no consequences for anything. He just abandons his family and moves on without looking back. Meanwhile I have to live an exhausting life parenting 100% on my own. I would love more time to date, have time to myself. I would love to have the energy and support to parent the way I imagined I would, instead of always being exhausted and doing the bare minimum. I would love to not be alone, to maybe even have another baby with someone I love. I don't see any of that happening though and my whole life sometimes seems so hopeless.

Anyway, that's my pathetic vent :(

#967 ·
Oh Everr! That is just so so shitty. I don't know any other way to put it. I"m so sorry he is such a terrible person. I really don't understand how someone can walk away from their family. Really I don't. You are an amazingly strong Mama! Take care of yourself too, OK. Even just little bits here and there. I wish I could give you a big hug.

I'm in the full swing of exhaustion and morning sickness. Ugh. Grateful for symptoms of course but also hard to deal with life feeling like this. No puking, just that feeling of blah that carries with me most of the day. Forcing myself to eat helps a bit. Really starting to panic about DH leaving town soon. He leaves on the 12th of July for 3.5 weeks. Ugh. I have a sitter coming one day a week while he is gone for a few hours. Maeve probably won't let me leave but I'm hoping I can at least get some things done around the house without kids underfoot. I think this is going to be a bare minimum operation while he is gone.

#969 ·
Thanks ladies. I'm fine about the whole thing now. I think it just was really shocking (and it is annoying) and I wanted to vent. My life really isn't that bad, I mostly enjoy it ;) Unfortunately my favourite parts are when I'm away from R.. I probably shouldn't admit that, but it's true :/

#970 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everrgreen View Post

Thanks ladies. I'm fine about the whole thing now. I think it just was really shocking (and it is annoying) and I wanted to vent. My life really isn't that bad, I mostly enjoy it
wink1.gif
Unfortunately my favourite parts are when I'm away from R.. I probably shouldn't admit that, but it's true :/
I think that comes an goes, especially as they get older. My friend and I were just talking about this tonight... DH and I are typically very, very rarely away from the girls. Like a baby sitter for the evening is very rare. But we've made more time for each other and adult time recently and we're really enjoying it. I am glad the girls are so easy going spit makes it easy to get time away from them without the mommy guilt.

#971 ·
Everr: That would make me feel sick too! I am sorry he is such an *ss!! I just dont' get how he could just move on from R either. I am glad you are feeling better about it now, but you have every right to feel how you did!! I go through some phases too when the things I enjoy the most on some level are things I do for myself. Probably bc I so rarely do anything that is just for me. I know that doesn't mean I don't think the world of my kids and thank my lucky stars for them.Mamas shouldn't*have* to lose themselves in this whole motherhood process. And we unfortunately often do.

Mal: It's great you guys are making more time to have adult time. I know the time will come for us when Aria is a little older. And time sure if flying by already.

Oh Sue - 3.5 weeks without your DH while feeling sick and tired is going to be a challenge for sure! Do you think you can find more help than just 1 day/week? I'd come watch your girls, if I could!

Nothing big and exciting here. I have taken up running. I started it as the most convenient way to get some exercise. And it's become a really fun mental challenge. I've been doing the couch to 5k program. I only have 2 runs left of the program. I am running my first 5k this weekend. It's around a lake nearby. We are borrowing my friend's double jogging stroller and DH will push the girls and run with me (DH runs way faster than me so it'll be easy enough for him to catch up if he needs to stop). He's going to let Makenna out to run the last bit. I'm torn between running my best time and crossing with M. I am finally feeling pretty good about my body atfer having A. The weight definitely did not come off like it did with Makenna!

Oh M started music class last week. It's a bunch of real instruments only tiny sized. Full drum kits, cellos, french horns, keyboards, guitars, violins. She played drums, keyboard, cello and french horn. It ended up being a private lesson bc the others didn't show up. It was really cute and fun and he did a great job on starting to teach her the notes on the keyboard.

Cindy

#972 ·
Hello out there, ladies! It's been so quiet here....

We're doing well here. Lots of swimming and playing outside, taking advantage of the summer! We've had some brutally hot days, but mostly we've been pretty lucky with the weather this year. Last year we had a god-awful never-ending drought and heat wave. So glad this year has been better.

I finally got a referral to get Owyn's hearing checked. They wanted her to go 6 weeks without an ear infection before doing it. She goes next week, so we'll see.

Otherwise, still baby sitting. Waiting to close on our house, so we've been busy with bank stuff and home inspection, appraisal, etc. All that fun stuff. I can't wait to move in! DH and I love to entertain and I am really, really missing that this summer. We usually have company over once a week or so to BBQ to have apps and drinks. Since we're always the ones that plan and host, it seems like we've hardly seen our friends this summer. DH has already started building the bar for the family room in our basement so he can install it right away and we can start hosting parties again. Hoping to start off with a housewarming party around his birthday this year!

#973 ·
Hi Mamas!

Mal, how's the move?

Sue, how's the baby?

Cindy ... admire you're running. I need to get back to it. Sigh.

Ever ... Your ex is a jerk. Do you think there's any plan (on his end) to make R a part of the baby's life?

Courtney ... how goes the juggling, mama?

Erin? How goes the treck?

Nilla? How's your summer?

Kate? What are your plans for the fall?

AFM: Working hard on the new story site. Hoping to have it launch in September. Kids are great. Camping lots. Dealing with seriously lack of moolah, but the weather is nice and we can hang out at parks for free, right? Yay for city spray parks! Whoohoo! The folk fest is coming up next week, and we're off camping again tomorrow. Life is GOOD!

Also, come over to the babywearing thread and vote for Courtney and me. My fave of mine is #126. Courtney ... which one of yours is your fave? I like the one with you and the girls climbing behind you.

xo

#975 ·
We are ok. DH left yesterday for 3.5 weeks. We are staying put this year due to so much uncertainty and the fact that we will be going to WA for my Dad's birthday in October. 80! I have morning sickness and feel like ass. The timing of DH leaving kind of sucks but it is what it is. Today I'm feeling especially sick... ugh. The kids are doing well though. I'm already showing and I'm only 7 weeks!

#976 ·
Oh, Sue, bummer that you're not going to come down in the summer. How long do you think you'll be in WA for your dad's birthday? Come down early and go to this!

Whatcom County Skill Share Fair

I hope everything goes really smoothly while your DH is away!

And I think everyone should go vote for #100 on the babywearing contest ... that's the one of Courtney's that I love the best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.