SLOW 5 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-20-2012, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD2 is 5.5 and she is so slow at everything!  It is driving the rest of us nuts & impacting her free time.  Eating is the worst; she'll routinely spend over an hour at the table for meals.  Her morning routine (bathroom, breakfast, make bed, get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair) takes 2 hours, so the morning is half over before she's done.  How can I help her move along?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#2 of 2 Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

you are writing about me and my dd.

we are like your dd.

i have to wake dd early at the cost of sleep to give her the time. and "I" wake up an hour earlier than her to have my own time.

i am not sure what you would do to move along.

what i do with dd is have a hair brush with me in the car or the bus where she can brush her hair on the way. bfast is also eaten in transport. usually its fruit and cheese. dd takes at least half hour to wake up. from getting out of the bed to going to the bathroom.

some of us REALLY need that time to ourselves. if dd is hurried her whole day goes badly and she is sleepy on the way to school. if she is given her time she is awake and skipping and hopping along to school.

when i was young my dad used to make me smoothies for bfast so that i could drink and not spend my time chewing.

i dont even have dd make her bed in the morning.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 

Tags
Child

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page