5yo bedtime troubles - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2012, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hey guys, wondering who can help me out.

my 5yo daughter has just started prep, and since then has started coming out of her room after the'bedtime' routine has been done. she'll come out with random questions, sometimes she'll come out just to see what we're watching.. it's starting to get very frustrating because by the time she actually lays down and goes to sleep it's almost 10pm. she's wearing herself out. it's like all of a sudden she needs to know everything that's going on and bedtime has no meaning anymore. every night before bed i read a story get her a drink of water, kiss her and say goodnight. so she knows it's bedtime, she's testing me and i just dont know how to put a stop to it at the moment. any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We went through that same thing, though our daughter was a bit younger when she was trying. We basically just walked her back to bed. She'd ask us questions, complain about her hamster, ask for water (she tried everything). We wouldn't answer any of the questions. Just took her back to bed, gave her a kiss on the forehead, and said goodnight. It only went on about a week before she got bored shy.gif

Tags
Childhood , Children
User Tag List