Mothering Forum banner

Favorite child rearing books or your advice

823 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jen Muise 
#1 ·
What are your favorite child rearing books? I guess I have just been feeling a little lost lately with dd. I feel like I am threatening too much and that maybe we are not having enough fun together. i feel like she and I "fight" (for lack of a better word) over the same thing everyday. (mostly getting dressed and ready for the day)

I know some of it is just personal stuff, me feeling to overwhelmed with the amount of housework, and on the weekend day where dh is with her while I am at work, they always go off and have fabulous fun while her days at home with me are at least 50% me trying to get housework done. (which I do include her in, but still....) I know this is something I might have to address with dh, but in the meantime, I feel like dd and I are in a rut.

I feel like she and used to do more varied activities and now she mostly wants to sit at the table and do pretend play (my least favorite activity to do with her) instead of some pretend play, some other stuff. I know pretend play is great, but I really don't want to do that all day! (I feel guilty saying that, but its true)

Sorry, I know this post is a little all over the place, but just wondering what books you read that inspired you or what do you do when you feel in a rut with your kid?

See less See more
#2 ·
I like Postive Discipline A-Z by Jane Nelson for all kinds of conflict related stuff... Also, I usually have a couple of homeschool idea books in the house (from the library or borrowed from friends) that I glance through at night for quick ideas of fun things to do in the house.

Good luck!

Marcy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.