Mothering Forum banner

First time away from DD1

518 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Youngfrankenstein 
#1 ·
My 2.5 year old dd and I are flying to FL tomorrow. DH will be home with the kids by adjusting his work schedule. I know things will go fine with him here.

First, I am nervous about flying with a toddler. I read so many horror stories and I certainly will do my best to keep her happy (candy!??) but there's always a chance she'll decide to be cranky.

Secondly, DD2, who is 7, hasn't really been away from me. She spends the night at her grandma's sometimes but she's really upset that I'm going. I think she'll be okay because she'll be at home with her dad. It's not like she has to go spend the week at someone else's house.

But I am finding I am sad today too. I leave tomorrow and will be able to see her off to school but I keep getting upset. I'm not sure if it's good for her to see my tears or whether I should be strong.

Her dad has planned to take her swimming and she has a kids event one night. I will have to leave the contact on dh's part. If things are great then I don't want to call if it will only upset her. I will be available for her to call me almost any time.

My boys will be fine. They actually go to camp for 3 days during this trip.

Sorry for the novel. I need a place that understands why I'm upset to leave my dd who is 7. I know other families are okay with this but it's a first for me.

See less See more
#2 ·
How are things going? I remember leaving my kids for the first time. I was a mess and sad the first day. When I talked to them later, they were happy go lucky and they were being spoiled rotten! LOL! And I loved the wonderful hugs I got when I got home too. It was nice to be missed and to miss them too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.