Getting toddler to sleep - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having a hard time getting my two year old DD to go to sleep consistently at a decent time each night. She takes a nap at the same time every day and we have a pretty regular bedtime routine. Some nights are easier than others, but last night it took about an hour and a half to get her to go to sleep, so she didn't fall asleep until about 10:30 p.m. DH and I both work outside the home full time, so I don't know if DD just wants to stay awake longer to spend time with us, or if she really has trouble falling asleep (a problem DH suffers from).

Our routine consists of bath, nursing, praying, reading, and rocking to sleep to music (while I stand and hold her). Last night she wanted to nurse about three times in between various bedtime activities. At some points during our routine she would seem like she was drifting off, but would then be wide awake. The night before that, she went right to sleep. As I mentioned before, some nights are easy, and others are very difficult. Any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Jessica is traveling so you might try posting to the Family Bed and Nighttime Parenting forum for some advice. thumb.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, thanks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page