Friend's DD (10/11) - one them left pooey pants in my wastebasket. WWYD? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We had a bbq on Canada day.  My DD is away with her grandparents right now, but 2 of our friends bought their daughters (one 11, one 10). 

After everyone had left DH found a pair of pooey knickers in the rubbish bin in the bathroom.

Should I mention it to the parents?  Or should I just leave it?  I'm not bothered by it really - kids are kids etc - but I wondered if it might indicate a deeper issue that the parents should know about.  or not. 

I need advice.

Thanks!

#2 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Actually mods would you mind moving this to Preteens and teens?  I forgot these kids are older than mine.  Thanks! :)

#3 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Stuff happens.  Maybe they weren't feeling well and had a little accident and didn't know what to do so they tossed their undies?  I'm 42 and I've had things happen a time or two in my life that required tossing undies when away from home.  I absolutely would not say anything to anyone about it.  What would be the point?  

#4 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 PM

Another vote for leave it be. The kid was probably horrified already.
#5 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 06:27 PM

Yep, leave it.  There are a handful of times that I thought it was just gas and it was more, or that I just didn't make it to the bathroom and had diareah.  And that was as an adult!  It happens and I would leave it.

Cassie, mom to Alex(7), Aidan(5), Andrew(4)

#6 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I would let the parents know. If my dd did something like that I would want to know so I could make sure she gets the help she needs. I am sure my dd would be mortified if she pooped her pants and she probably wouldn't tell me because she would want to pretend it never happened. I don't think she would understand that it would indicate an illness that needs to be monitored and possibly checked by a doctor.
#7 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 12:19 AM

Leave it alone. We all have accidents from time to time and the kid was probably mortified and didn't know what to do. If it's an ungoing problem, the parents will realize anyway. If it were just a one time issue, then you'll end up embarrassing both the kid and the parents. I mean, what's the parent supposed to say to you about now.

#8 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, I will leave it.  thanks all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page