anyone have a leap pad tablet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-04-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
mil bought 1 for each of my kids to give to them on a trip we're taking later in the month. There will be several hours of driving involved (the first one she found at goodwill for 5.95! and it works great) She wants me to pick a couple apps from their store to put on them but looking around on the leap pad "app store" I'm seeing apps that aren't very descriptive as to what they actually are, and are horrendously expensive! (I'm accustomed to my nice little android app store. Full of free stuff, and loads of apps ranging from .50-$5) If you have one of these, and have purchased apps for it, can you give some advice? I have a 3yo boy (young 3) and 5yo girl. looks like the games all say 4+. Are any simple enough that a 3yo could manage? There's videos, too.. which looking at a diego one for $7.50.. goodness, is that it? Is it 1 episode, several, is it different from what he watches on netflix streaming? The creativity apps look like they might be a good fit for a 3yo, despite the age suggestion. They seem open ended enough. Are they? Worth the $10 price tag? What about the "ultra" ebook? $20 seems MASSIVE for a storybook app. But maybe dd would really like that. Worth it? dd is starting kindy in the fall and has been motivated to learn to read lately. The limited description seems like its a "help you learn to read it" style thing. And I know she'd go bonkers for the fairies one. And games! Holy crap, you could so easily drop $100 on those! There are some that are $25! I looked around a little.. busy builder looks like its probably too difficult for a ds. spatial reasoning/logic? idk. He's more of an impulsive "doer" (push all buttons until one works) than a "thinker". Not much patience for "let me show you how to do this" What about stretchy monkey? That looks like it could be fun. Browsing through games I see SO many that look like dd would find absolutely thrilling. She'd be easy to shop for. Anyway.. what do your kids love? :)

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

We don't have a leap pad but I thought I'd bump your post up for attention. Anyone have info to share? shy.gif

User Tag List