baby alive doll - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been debating over whether or not to get my dd a baby alive doll for Christmas. I'm worried about the amount of mess and stress the doll can cause. Is it worth it? 

#2 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

what a doll who poops and pees? dang if this doll would have been around earlier when dd was 5 she would have LOVED It.

the only concern i have would be younger children. but your younger one is 3 years old right? small pieces should not be a problem then.

however yeah i can see a mess.

but if you know, really KNOW your dd would REALLY love that doll then i'd be willing to put up with the mess. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#3 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 PM

The mess isn't very much.. and anything that gets outside of the diaper can easily be wiped up :) It doesn't poop or pee as much as a real baby, maybe a teaspoon if that!

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#4 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

meemee where have you been those things have been around forever!!!  And they can be messy... and slight gross.  It's up to you on the amount of mess you want to deal with.  I got one for my little one when she was 4 and she was really good with it.

#5 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 02:37 PM

Yeah, I don't think it's that messy either. The refills can get expensive, but I think you can likely make cute cloth diapers for it, as well as possibly making your own formulation of food which would probably work. I actually had one when I was a kid, and so did my younger daughter. Sometimes the food gets stuck in baby's "GI tract though". Hehe! It's gelatin. Rather, it was. Not sure about now.

Certified Crazy™ Wife to my Spiderman husband luxlove.gif(Aug '01)

Super proud Momma  to DD (Jan'00), DD (Apr '02) and DS (Jun '04)

Always loving and missing our Baby James angel.gif born sleeping at 19 weeks (July '03).

signcirc1.gif

#6 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

meemee where have you been those things have been around forever!!!  

I even had one in 1970!!!

#7 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 03:02 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_5059187_make-alive-play-doll-food.html  <-- home made baby food.  But, I am almost positive it doesn't mean 2 tbs food coloring.  I hope they meant drops.

#8 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM

wait what?!!!! i never saw any advertisement. no one told me. no one mentioned it on here either. i never saw it in the store either.

i did not grow up here so i had no idea they had them crap.gif dd was SOOO majorly into babies when she was younger. those bare newborn dolls. she would have loved to have one of these with so many features. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#9 of 10 Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

They actually grossed me out.  But then again my kids take things to the extreme.  They loved showing me the poo diapers and well... chasing each other with it.  What the heck is wrong with my kids??????

#10 of 10 Old 07-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

But then again my kids take things to the extreme.  They loved showing me the poo diapers and well... chasing each other with it.  What the heck is wrong with my kids??????

lol imak. i would say what is wrong with you?!!! :) i could tell you similar stories from my own childhood. no wonder my parents would eat and leave the table and my bro and i would stay for half an hour 'playing' as gross as possible games with our food before we finished. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page