Mothering Forum banner

baby alive doll

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  meemee 
#1 ·
I've been debating over whether or not to get my dd a baby alive doll for Christmas. I'm worried about the amount of mess and stress the doll can cause. Is it worth it?

#2 ·
what a doll who poops and pees? dang if this doll would have been around earlier when dd was 5 she would have LOVED It.

the only concern i have would be younger children. but your younger one is 3 years old right? small pieces should not be a problem then.

however yeah i can see a mess.

but if you know, really KNOW your dd would REALLY love that doll then i'd be willing to put up with the mess.

#5 ·
Yeah, I don't think it's that messy either. The refills can get expensive, but I think you can likely make cute cloth diapers for it, as well as possibly making your own formulation of food which would probably work. I actually had one when I was a kid, and so did my younger daughter. Sometimes the food gets stuck in baby's "GI tract though". Hehe! It's gelatin. Rather, it was. Not sure about now.

#8 ·
wait what?!!!! i never saw any advertisement. no one told me. no one mentioned it on here either. i never saw it in the store either.

i did not grow up here so i had no idea they had them
crap.gif
dd was SOOO majorly into babies when she was younger. those bare newborn dolls. she would have loved to have one of these with so many features.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

But then again my kids take things to the extreme. They loved showing me the poo diapers and well... chasing each other with it. What the heck is wrong with my kids??????
lol imak. i would say what is wrong with you?!!! :) i could tell you similar stories from my own childhood. no wonder my parents would eat and leave the table and my bro and i would stay for half an hour 'playing' as gross as possible games with our food before we finished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.