Cinderella's new look - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do you think of Cinderella's new face? 

http://www.disneystore.com/cinderella/mn/1000014/?cmp=OTL-Dcom&att=Dcom_CinderellaFS_180_store

#2 of 11 Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I actually kind of like the new hair and new nose because she looks more real; but I can't help but feel like they could've held off slimming down her cheeks a bit.  I know it's not significant, but it bugs me, personally.  And really, I can't even tell IF they did it--maybe it's just the additional blush that makes it look that way.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 AM

I hadn't seen this before, but my first thought was that she looks "younger" and I'm not really a fan of that, since in the story she is supposed to be old enough to be get married.  In that picture (the one in the banner),  I would say she looks like a young teen, and not a young adult.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#4 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

I think they made her look more like a teen to appeal to tween girls who have grown out of the princess stage.

#5 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2beaugirls View Post

I think they made her look more like a teen to appeal to tween girls who have grown out of the princess stage. Disney will do anything for more money! 

They are a corporation - making money is their business.  It's not a charity.  Don't like it?  Don't buy it.

CatsCradle and One_Girl like this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#6 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 AM

I like it, actually. Her face is more heart-shaped rather than oval, which does make her look a little younger I guess, but it's really more about style rather than age I think. 

Book loving, editor mom to 2

#7 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

i bet they are going to see how cinderella does and if its a hit they will go and change the others too. 

yes she looks younger. but the little kids. do they even 'see' the face? does the face even matter to them or is it all the paraphernalia that attracts them. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#8 of 11 Old 07-31-2012, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Now that I really think about it, the previous version wasn't really any better. I was just used to it. But it doesn't compare to the movie at all. For one thing, her hair was almost brown, not bright yellow. 

#9 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliabedelia View Post

I hadn't seen this before, but my first thought was that she looks "younger" and I'm not really a fan of that, since in the story she is supposed to be old enough to be get married.  In that picture (the one in the banner),  I would say she looks like a young teen, and not a young adult.

That's an excellent point...

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#10 of 11 Old 08-03-2012, 11:47 AM

I don't like it just b/c it's not the Cinderella in the movie and that's what I grew up with.

dogretro likes this.

obstruct livery vehicles

#11 of 11 Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 PM

She looks like a teenager to me (but then again, I'm almost 49).  I thought the original Disney Cinderella was very homogenous (looks like any other white person of European descent).  This one is sorta the same but looks more modern.  

I'm not a Christian, but the Virgin Mary has changed considerably over the years:  from abstract Byzantium mosaic to Renaissance breastfeeding chick to classic statuary like the stuff you see in the church lawns these days.  Stuff changes over time.  Style changes.  Our perception of Cinderella changes.  We see a movie (thinking the original Cinderella movie and that image is set in our minds as the "right" image.  Go back to the woodcuts of the German Grimm times and you'll probably see a different image.  I'd like to hear the folktales from Europe of what people really thought Cinderella looked like.  But then again, those tales were oral, so everyone had an image in their own mind of what Cinderella looked like (like when you read a book and your imagination takes over).  In the end, the Cinderella produced by Disney is just their own interpretation.  I have my own dreams and thoughts based on my own experiences.

Bokonon likes this.

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page