"He showed me his penis" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Yes, if you'd read the whole thread, you'd see we cleared that up.

#32 of 35 Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie Mama in MI View Post

Disgusting. If it was my child I'd take it up with the little pervert's parents, the principal, the teacher and her supervisor if any (where was SHE when this happened?) and the parents of the other kids in the class. Make it public. Be loud. Get attention drawn to the pervert. Mention the words ABUSE, DISTURBED and POLICE. Do not leave any possibility that there can be a next time. Your child could be molested or raped. If it was my kid I'd get her right out of the entire school.

Omgosh.  This is so over the top and very scary to me.  I don't know if this was maybe tongue in cheek (I hope!), but I do think there are people out there who think this way.  It makes me very scared for my boys and boys in general.  I feel really sad for any boys that cross your path, mama.  :(  It sounds to me like you would really like to permanently and seriously ruin this child's life.  

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#33 of 35 Old 09-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairejour View Post

I told the school. 

Should I follow up? I explained to my DD that it is unacceptable. I am concerned that she didn't tell the teacher. She has had some experiences at school that have led her to believe that telling doesn't help. She feels like they believe other people over her, or that she will get in trouble for "tattling". That is a whole different issue....

Do you know what actions the school took?

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

I realize this thread has died out, but I have to say OP that I'm happy you told the school. That sort of behavior can be normal up to a point, but at a certain point even if it is just a prank, it needs to be very seriously addressed. Also, at 8 or 9, it's getting to the stage where it also becomes a red flag for having been sexually abused. So, for this boy's well being as well as your dd, its good you told the school. It really is not something to take lightly for so many reasons.

I agree that it is quite possible that telling the school will help the boy out, either because there are deeper issues like molestation or just because he does need to learn healthy boundaries and that that kind of behavior could be traumatic for the other people involved.  I hope they handle it well, and while I fear that they're nut cases, they probably aren't...  I'm overly cautious about that kind of thing.  

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#34 of 35 Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie Mama in MI View Post

Disgusting. If it was my child I'd take it up with the little pervert's parents, the principal, the teacher and her supervisor if any (where was SHE when this happened?) and the parents of the other kids in the class. Make it public. Be loud. Get attention drawn to the pervert. Mention the words ABUSE, DISTURBED and POLICE. Do not leave any possibility that there can be a next time. Your child could be molested or raped. If it was my kid I'd get her right out of the entire school.

Let me take a moment to gasp and allow my eyes fall out of my head.

This "pervert" is not even 8. This is inappropriate but NORMAL behavior for this age group. Most kids have played the show-me-yours-and-I'll-show-you-mine game. Most kids are not perverts.

Seriously.

Considering I was a curious kid at that age, was put through counseling and excruciating and embarrassing exams to figure out what was "wrong" with me (conclusion: precocity!)... my heart throbs for this poor kid who sounds like he needs some guidance and extra supervision, not the label of SEX OFFENDER.

Please get a grip and keep in mind there's another child at the end of this, not a monster. greensad.gif
phathui5 and kchara like this.

mama to 1 gorgeous DD 11/05/10

When we know better, we do better.

#35 of 35 Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
[quot

e name="Hippie Mama in MI" url="/community/t/1362474/he-showed-me-his-penis/20#post_17116242"]Disgusting. If it was my child I'd take it up with the little pervert's parents, the principal, the teacher and her supervisor if any (where was SHE when this happened?) and the parents of the other kids in the class. Make it public. Be loud. Get attention drawn to the pervert. Mention the words ABUSE, DISTURBED and POLICE. Do not leave any possibility that there can be a next time. Your child could be molested or raped. If it was my kid I'd get her right out of the entire school.

[/quote]

Wow. Settle down. Let's not forget this is a child. While it is completely unacceptable and absolutely needs to be addressed, he is still a *child.*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page