what time does your 4 year old go to bed?mes - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-27-2013, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

i am not even sure if i should post here.

dd is now 10.

from birth to Kindergarten - dd went to bed anytime between midnight and 2 am. as a baby she had her last 2 am BIG feed and then really went to sleep for 3 or 4 hours. i was lucky dd was in afternoon K so we didnt have to be at school till 11 am.

by K dd was going to bed mostly around 10 - 11 pm. by first it was 8 so she'd be able to calm down and sleep by 9/9:30.

today in 5th grade we have the same routine. in bed by 8 or that child will not calm down. at 8 in bed reading, or me reading to her or us chatting. but on the weekends and holidays its again midnight.

she is a nightowl. when she goes to bed late, she used to get up late. but in teh last couple of years instead of getting up at 7 am she gets up at 6 some mornings. if she is up that early she has to go to bed early that evening.

yeah its complicated. she is a professional sleep fighter.

I know this post is old, but I'm glad you contributed because its the only one that sounds like my dd. She's just 3 now and has recently started preschool, which is shaking everything up a bit.

She dropped naps early on in favor of getting a solid 12-13 hours at night, and on top of that she has always been a night owl--we're talking bedtime between 1 and 2 am most nights and sleeping til 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

Right before preschool started (and a big reason that we decided to start her this early) she started waking up around 8 or 9 am and going down around 11, which is only 9 hours of sleep. So naps have spontaneously reappeared, but we are having a tough time getting her on a regular nap schedule. It's like she still resists them. If i can get her down between 1 and 3 it's a good day. She naps 2-3 hours and still goes to be "on time." Anything later than that pushes her bedtime back and makes for a rough morning.

We are on Spring break now but trying to maintain that same routine, and really working to make nap time more regular.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#32 of 34 Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM

When DD was 4 I basically let her sleep when she was tired. She was on my schedule more than anything. She's 7 now and bed time is very strictly 8:30pm. She wakes up at 7:30am for school, and if she gets to bed even a half hour past her bed time we all feel it in the morning. DS is almost 3 and he's in bed usually by 9/9:30. He sleeps in until about 8am and also takes a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#33 of 34 Old 04-06-2013, 04:48 PM

My 4 year old is in bed by 8, asleep either pretty immediately or within 30 minutes or so. She wakes up at 7-7:30 in the morning, 6:30 on the days that I work. 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#34 of 34 Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 AM

My 4 and 3 y/o get ready for bed around 7:30(bath, teeth brushing, pj's, etc.) and are usually in their beds by 8-8:30. Thursday is our late night, DD has gymnastics from 6:45-7:45 and we aren't home until 8ish. Usually the kids are up until 10 easily on Thursday night. My DS always wakes up at 7 if not earlier, DD usually wakes up 30 min-1 hour after he does, even though she's the older one, she needs more sleep to function.

We don't have a bedtime routine for our newborn. I'm hoping to have her in bed by 7:30(right before we start big kid bedtime) in the next few months, but with on demand nursing, I know that may not be likely lol

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page