So.. Do you make your kids clean their room? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby isn't here yet, but I plan on teaching her to keep her room/space clean as soon as it is age appropriate. Even a young toddler can understand the concept and help to put toys back in the basket. At 4, I think most children would be able to put their own toys away, put dirty clothes in the hamper, put books back on the shelf, etc...

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have a 5.5 y/o. She has to put away ALL the toys in the family room every night. She has a separate little area in the dining room for crafts and such. I expect her to keep that reasonably organized but it's always a bit messy. She can keep her room however she wants but it's with the understanding that when I need to actually clean it -dust and vacuum- that she has to put everything away and also that if she loses or breaks something because of messiness it will not be replaced. I do have a very hard rule that clothes are never ever to be anywhere but in the drawers, closet or hamper.

She also helps with other chores like laundry, putting away the dishes and she's just learning how to sweep.

mama to three little ladies
Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my kiddos straighten their room every evening.

Mama to E (12/07) and M (01/11). homebirth.jpg

User Tag List