Best indoor activities for rainy weather - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas,

Weather just turned ugly here and i am already running out of ways to keep my super active kids busy at home. Dd is 3 1/2 ds is 6. They have sooooo much energy all day long.... Wanna share some ideas on indoor physical activities?
Tia
#2 of 7 Old 11-05-2012, 06:10 AM

Granted my DD is a lot younger but she LOVES chasing balloons. She can burn off a lot of energy with it and they are light enough not to cause any real damage. I think a 6 yo and a 3.5 yo will still find it fun.
#3 of 7 Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 AM

my college daughter was painting a diorama and so my 2 year old wanted to paint also... i gave him a plastic bowl with just water and a couple of paintbrushes. the water turned the cardboard a different color (at least temporarily)
he had a great time and was involved for about 30 minutes doing that. no mess!

#4 of 7 Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 AM

We sometimes have "snowball fights" with crumpled up paper, he thinks it's hilarious!  And there's nothing better than a good old-fashioned dance party to lighten the mood.  And this is rather obvious, but I taught him various old-school exercises (arm circles, jumping jacks, bicycle kicks, windmills, etc) and he likes calling out what exercise to do next.  I get my work out too.  ;)  I think he likes that he gets to run the show more than anything else.

We have a deck of cards called Yoga Pretzels that are fun too, each card is a different yoga pose or activity.  It doesn't matter if they do it right, per se, it's just fun to do.

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#5 of 7 Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Playforts with blankets and the sofa and chairs 

Indoor obstacle courses (lots of crawling on bellies under the bed and snaking around table legs)

Dress up and indoor parade

Simon says

#6 of 7 Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM

it's not a physical activity but decorating cookies! just plain sugar cookies, if you have any icing/food color and some m&ms and an hour gone, no problem :)

#7 of 7 Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM

For super active kids, why not get a mini trampoline? My kids got one for their birthdays in the summer and we kept it outdoors, but will probably move it inside during winter when the weather's miserable...they are pretty portable and you can totally burn some energy! 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page