My 3-year-old's eyelids are swollen - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-06-2012, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It started with a slightly swollen right red eyelid 1 1/2 weeks ago. We took her to her ped and asked if it could be pink eye? He didn't see any signs of pink eye (her eye looked fine to him), but he thought since her eyelid was slightly swollen it could be a bug bite her a stye (but he couldn't see the stye). She was fine and her eye seemed to be getting better. Suddenly over night, she kept waking up saying that her left eye was hurting. When she woke up she couldn't open her eyes and both eyelids were swollen so I took her to ER. The ER doc said it's some type of eye infection and he thinks it's pink eye accompanied with blepharatis.

It's day two and her eyelids are still swollen, watery (not itchy), but her eyelids hurt. I see a little bit of a stye inside her upper right eyelid. My questions is... could a stye caused this? She won't take the antibiotic drops whatsoever and won't let me put a cold or warm compress over her eyes. She won't let me do anything. The only thing I can do is dab coconut oil over her eyelids while she is asleep and dip some qtips into chamomile tea and swab it across her lids while she's sleeping.

I'm starting to worry cause she doesn't seem to be getting better. She still looks swollen and she cries so much when I try help her. Will this go away on its own. I think it's bacterial because she has some white/slightly yellow (not green) discharge.

What should I do?

#2 of 2 Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

What did you end up doing? Was everything okay?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page