Godparents and gifts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did not grow up iwth the tradition of Godparents so I am not sure how this works. I know Godparents tend to get their God children gifts for birthdyas and christmas and other special occasions. Do God children get their god parents gifts on special occasions too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM

In our family, we have always had a loose "rule" that Godparents get their Godchildren a gift until they graduate from high school. I have received the occasional gift from my Godparents since then, but not regularly. Godchildren don't give their Godparents gifts, but it's something I try to do now as an adult. I think it's something that probably varies.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think sending the Godparents occasional photos or updates, or thank you notes with a photo and update is appropriate. I've never really heard of Godkids sending Godparents actual gifts. But it all depends on their relationship. Sometimes Godparents are also relatives or good friends so they might exchange gifts regardless.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM

We give Godparents gifts on mother's day and father's day. Just something small though. I still don't give my Godparents gifts though as an adult (nor do I receive gifts as an adult).

User Tag List