Anyone else with birthday party anxiety? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post

Sorry you had poor attendance Neera. How does your dd feel about having fewer kids than expected at her party? Ds couldn't care less. He doesn't even ask the kids if they are coming or not when he hands out the invites. He has fun with whomever comes.
I'm the one who has issues smile.gif

You're right. Dd had fun with whoever was there. There was one kid and the kid's siblings that she really didn't want to invite. She is mean. What can I say? They get mean at this age. And, I didn't see her playing with them. I mean I know she had her reasons and I am looking at her feelings through my eyes - an adult's. As an adult I'd let go of any minor issues KWIM? But she played with whoever else was there. A month later she was going to someone else's party and was v. excited. I just happened to comment then that she was more excited than she was at her own party and she said she didn't like her party that much because she had already played at that place before, as in, attended someone's else's party at the place. Well, also the kids tend to feel your stress so I'd say this one was less enjoyable for her than the last one we'd celebrated, which was a couple of yrs ago. Thanks for asking.

Positive thoughts generate power, negative ones waste it ~ Unknown
#32 of 35 Old 04-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soooo... just found out PreK ends May 22nd, so I think the early birthday party coinciding with the end of the school year is
probably out. I know she wants the party, but I'm starting to think about doing a fun day with one good friend, and a family party later.
Neera likes this.
#33 of 35 Old 04-15-2014, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curebaby View Post

Soooo... just found out PreK ends May 22nd, so I think the early birthday party coinciding with the end of the school year is
probably out. I know she wants the party, but I'm starting to think about doing a fun day with one good friend, and a family party late

That's my plan for next year's birthday - one friend. They aren't best friends or anything but I know I can rely that she'll come unless she's sick. And with one friend it would be easy to cancel and reschedule. If next year she has made some other friend/s that she really wants then it will be them as well but probably not more than 3 kids.

Positive thoughts generate power, negative ones waste it ~ Unknown
#34 of 35 Old 04-15-2014, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curebaby View Post

probably out. I know she wants the party, but I'm starting to think about doing a fun day with one good friend, and a family party later.
When my kids wers toddlers and preschoolers I used to envy parents whose kids had summer birthdays smile.gif They could just throw the party in their back yard, or even a park, and I was stuck inside in the middle of winter (or a rainy fall day).
I'm sure your dd will have fun, whatever you decide.
Neera likes this.

Ds 9 and dd 5
#35 of 35 Old 04-17-2014, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post

When my kids wers toddlers and preschoolers I used to envy parents whose kids had summer birthdays smile.gif They could just throw the party in their back yard, or even a park, and I was stuck inside in the middle of winter (or a rainy fall day).
I'm sure your dd will have fun, whatever you decide.

Lol... the grass is always greener, right?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page