Previously descended testes in 5 yo now undescended - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-26-2013, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son has never had his testes in his abdominal cavity.  Last night at bedtime he told me his testes weren't in his scrotum.  I didn't think much of it.  Today his testes still haven't re-descended.  He can push one testicle into his scrotum but it won't stay there.  I'm going to call his doctor tomorrow but I wanted to get opinions here in the meantime.  What would you think about this?

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#2 of 3 Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Bump.  I just realized that it's Memorial Day and the doctor's office is closed.  So I won't be able to call until tomorrow.  They've both descended today, but yesterday it was only one, even when he was in a warm bath.  What would cause that?

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#3 of 3 Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM

This is something I found online: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/retractile-testicle/DS00742  Could be hormonal or possibly muscular.

And another: http://www.stritch.luc.edu/depts/urology/html/pamphlets/RetractileTestis.pdf

I am no expert, but interested in this because my son has undescended testes when he was born, and they eventually descended a week before the operation was scheduled (about 1.5 yo). 

Hope that helps. Did you go to the doc?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page