3 year old pees through diaper at night - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is three and fully day trained. She still wets at night and since her father and i were both bed wetters well into elementary school I'm not surprised or pushing to change that.

The last three nights she has peed right through her diaper. I have a ten month old and work part time as well so sleep is precious. She doesn't get much to drink before bed, maybe a few swigs of water with dinner. She potties right before bed.

We have tried store brand Goodnites and Huggies overnight. Cloth isn't an option and she is in the biggest size of the Huggies. The generic Goodnites were supposed to be up to 65 pounds so I don't think size is the issue. If I wake her she will refuse to potty and then not go back to sleep. I have tried changing her before I go to sleep but she's still dry at that point.

She is still in the family bed but if this is going to keep happening she can't stay in it. I am not washing king size bedding every single day and everyone is getting crabby from lack of sleep. WTF can I do here?

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

#2 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 05:02 AM

My (now almost 8 year old oldest DD) wore pull ups/good nights until she was well over 7 years old and peed in them nightly. Even now, she has accidents every week or two, and needs to be woken up every night between 10 and 10:30 or it will be every night.  Like you, I was a bed wetter well in to elementary school, as was MY dad, so there is a big genetic component to it.

Her heaviest wetting period was around the same age as your DD.  After about 4/4.5 years old a regular pull up and then a "big kid" type pull up worked fine.  What we did was to get adult incontinence "booster pads" and put them inside the diaper.  They are essentially shaped like big maxi pads and are filled with diaper absorbent material, but with no waterproof backing on them so once they are saturated, the pee goes through and into the actual diaper. Worked great for us... I believe I bought them on amazon.  There are also the same thing for sale as "diaper doublers", but since they are marketed towards babies, they were pricier, in my recollection.

HTH!

Ninetales likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was going to suggest the same thing. I never had to but when I babysat as a teen one parent had a son who needed that and it worked great for them.
#4 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Wonderful! I had no idea these existed so I will check them out.

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

Tags
Toddler , Toddlers , Diapering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page