Reusable Solutions for Wetting at Night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have two kids, dd 6 and ds 3, and they are both still in diapers at night.  They wet heavily and a while back I switched to disposables because of leaking and discomfort (dd couldn't go to sleep with a mountain of diaper between her legs).  I have been using the Huggies diapers that are free of dyes and stuff, but I still don't want them on my kids and I really don't like buying them and throwing them away.  Not to mention they are in the largest size and dd's is starting to leak more frequently.  I thought the disposables would be a short term solution, but neither of them seems anywhere near finished wetting the bed.

So, is there anything reusable out there that will keep them and their bed dry through the night and not be incredibly bulky?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 04:00 PM

I don't know about reusable options, but a woman at a local mom's group I go to uses these pads on her kids bed. http://www.goodnites.com/our-products/goodnites-bedmats/default.aspx

I think you can buy them at most grocery stores and stores that sell diapers.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 PM

Have you tried letting them sleep in underwear?  

We used 2 of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009STNG0/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for night training.  They stayed put under the fitted sheet to add protection for the mattress.  

Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 AM

What type of cloth diapers and covers did you use that you found were too bulky?

I'm thinking of trying the Mother-ease "Toddle-Ease" which is rated 35-45lbs and using it with a Mother-ease "Air Flow" XL-size cover for my dd at night because the sposies we've been using have begun to leak a lot.

Mother-ease sells direct and I think they dont charge for shipping.

I haven't bought any yet - but would be very interested in hearing what experiences that others have had with them.

Christine

Old 07-15-2013, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We used to use a motherease XL cover over a terry flat, hemp booster and fleece liner combo, I think he was around 5 at the time. It wasn't too bad bulk wise (though we did size up jammies to fit over it) and we didn't have leaks. The major downside for us was that DS was starting to get up and use the toilet early in the morning and couldn't get this combo off that easily, he was also getting to the point where he felt it babyish and wanted something we could put on with him standing up.

We also had a fuzzibunz XL, again stuffed with a terry flat and hemp booster. This was better in terms of on and off, he could get it off himself and we could get in on without him needing to lay down. However he'd grown out of it around 5.

Since then we have moved to overnight pull ups, far from ideal since apart form the waste they also leek regularly. However DS can manage them independently which is important to him now.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:27 PM

I just started using super undies bedwetting pants on my nearly 4 year old.  He isn't a super soaker, so I am not sure how bulky they would be with added boosters (which you would probably need), but you may want to check them out!

http://www.superundies.com/p-45-bedwetting-pants-nighttime-underwear.aspx#page=desc

User Tag List