Stolen Magnets???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-03-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My seven year old son came home from school today with over 50 small magnets in his pocket. When I asked him where he got them, he said "I'll never tell you". I told him that I need him to tell me because I need to know where he got them and if they need to be returned. Again refused to tell me. I gave him a hug and told him, "I always love you and I can help you. This seems to be a problem that needs to be solved and I can help you".. Again, he said (smiling) "I don't want to tell you".

This seems to be a game that he is playing. I left him in his room until he was ready to tell me. Granted, being in his room is no punishment in my opinion. He is happily reading away.

What should I do?

Happy Wife & Mama to 1 boy 12/6/05
#2 of 4 Old 09-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I suggest telling him he has one more opportunity to tell you where they came from and then you will have to call his teacher to ask her. Or telling him you don't care where they came from but they do need to be returned tomorrow.
#3 of 4 Old 09-03-2013, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

I found out they were stolen from his teacher. We talked about stealing and he is now writing an apology letter to his teacher and will return them tomorrow.

Thank you for your support:)
One_Girl likes this.

Happy Wife & Mama to 1 boy 12/6/05
#4 of 4 Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 PM

Glad you figured it out, really normal at this age. My dd loves the book Ruthie and the (not so) teeny tiny lie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page