Potty trained 3 1/2 year old and yeast? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 3.5 year old has been potty trained during the day for nearly a year. I have not been able to get her to not pee at night. We were doing pull ups at night until a few weeks ago i got so sick of buying those dumb things and instead bought SuperUndies Nighttime cloth diapers. They work really well when with a doubler. I used cloth diapers with her when she was a baby but my washing machine (Duet) just didn't clean them well enough and she was getting rashes all the time.  I think there has been 2 times in her life that she hasn't been wet in the morning. In the past few months she has had pee accidents throughout the day - not like emptying her bladder accidents, but enough to wet her underwear. I think some of the issue is not wanting to stop playing and forgetting to go and i think it might also be due to constipation (i read an article about how constipation can cause accidents, etc. ). Now she has what i think is a yeast rash. I don't think it is internal. It is slightly red from front to back and it itches and burns when she pees or poops. 

1) anyone have any experience or advice on the yeast issue?

2) cloth pull-ups - is this just a bad choice for us and should we go back to pull-ups? if there is yeast in them it will be super hard to kill it (from what I remember)

3) any advice on the accidents and not being dry at night?

lots of questions, sorry:) I just do not want to bring her to the doctor unless i really have to. i know he will just tell her to come  in. i have 4 kids that i would have to bring with me and they always get sick after coming home from the doc's office.

thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

We picked my daughter up out of bed and sat her on the potty (at bedside) until she was about 4.  She wouldn't fully wake up; she'd just pee.  Around 4 she was consistently dry in the morning, and we stopped nightime diapers.  I don't think it's unusual at all not to be dry at night at 3-1/2, or not to be perfectly daytime dry.

Where do you live?  Sunlight is an awesome disinfectant, but I know we are lucky to have so much of it so reliably here.  My daughter had her first yeast infection at around 2? and we didn't have to see the doctor about it.  Just described it over the phone, used an over the counter anti-fungal cream.  I'm sure if it hadn't responded right away or if it had come right back we would have taken her in, but I agree, the less time spent in that office the better.    

Do you have the opportunity to let her run around nudie-bottom?  That's also helpful.  

Not sure about the cloth diapers.  We had to stop them because I had high-dose chemo when the kids were 2 and 3-1/2 because I had no white blood cells, but it seemed like we found a way through every hurdle before that to keep using them.  It's a lot of trial and error.

User Tag List