Wjhat are you getting your 3 year old for christmas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The title says it all. I have no idea what to get my 3 year old. He is the youngest of 3 boys, so we already have a house full of blocks, and cars/ trains/planes/books/ diggers/craft/kitchen/tools/duplo and you name it. I need other peoples ideas. Maybe there is something out there I have thought of yet. What do you do as the number of children grows? I dont' want to get more of the same and I am so DONE with little kid stuff, that we will get rid of in another year or so anyways.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 10:28 AM

My DD1 will be 3 in March but I figured, close enough wink1.gif
She's getting a dress up trunk. I cleaned out Target's Halloween costumes on clearance. We'll put 4 or so costumes in, then she will get a couple more at Easter and for her birthday. We didn't get a trunk really but will use a storage ottoman we already have. Easy peasy and she will go bonkers wink1.gif
Old 11-26-2013, 12:06 PM

This: http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Insights-Design-Drill/dp/B00012O42W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385492639&sr=8-1&keywords=design+and+drill  was the best present for my 3-yo-old (now 4) last year.  At first you have to help them, but eventually they can just play on their own with it for a good 10-20 minutes at a time.  

There's also a travel version.  

Old 11-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Magnatiles are a huge hit at my house, still, after many years after they were given. 

My kids also really like playmobils, although you may have lots of those. Dress up clothes were popular at that age for my boys. 

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
Old 11-27-2013, 12:12 AM

My daughter likes toys typically meant for "boys" like Star Wars and Angry Birds. It's DHs influence for sure. I remember always being annoyed with "girl" toys because dolls and dress up can be boring. Especially since my DD isn't a huge fan of clothing. Subbing here for sure!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

Old 11-27-2013, 02:22 AM

Maybe a magnifying glass with tweezers or his own wallet (to hang around his neck)?

Old 12-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Right now I'm really enjoying playing the game Busy Town with my 3.5 year old son. We play a bunch of games, but that one is my favorite, and it's a cooperative game, so there's no winner or loser. He also really likes Zingo and The Ladybug Game, which I also enjoy. I totally can't stand games like Chutes and Ladders that are not interesting and go on forever.

Another good gift for a three year old that likes cars in my opinion is Automoblox. They come apart and you can put them back together however you want.

If you're really on a tight budget, I found these Reusable Sticker Pads recently and couldn't believe how nice they are for the price. There are several different versions (Habitats, Vehicles, Dress-Up, Play House, Princess Castle, Make-A-Meal, etc.), though their prices seem to fluctuate on Amazon between $4 and $8 depending on the day. They also come in bundles. I'm thinking about getting a bunch to give out as gifts to kids we know.

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
Old 12-01-2013, 12:20 PM

My daughter is almost 2 1/2. I'm thinking of getting a huggable globe of the world and seeing if she wants to learn to identify countries... she can already pick out our home state on a map. We already have a kiddie atlas that is a bit above her level so as she goes along we can learn more about the countries from that. I also figure more art supplies and coloring books can't go amiss. The crayons get shorter at an alarming rate. 

Old 12-07-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeTwoFive View Post

This: http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Insights-Design-Drill/dp/B00012O42W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385492639&sr=8-1&keywords=design+and+drill  was the best present for my 3-yo-old (now 4) last year.  At first you have to help them, but eventually they can just play on their own with it for a good 10-20 minutes at a time.  

There's also a travel version.  

I think you just saved my life

Sissa & Jeff hug2.gif - together since 1997 

Mia (13) hippie.gifLulu (8) loveeyes.gif Mimi and Lorry (6) fencing.gifBarbs (3) moon.gif and Leon ( 7/3/13) babyboy.gif

Old 12-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Liam will be getting legos, puzzles, art supplies, and candy.

Leslie

Old 12-08-2013, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
The big joint present from us is a dolls house. My dad is making them a play kitchen so we will give them some accessories for that - oven mitts etc - which she will love.

I also found a wooden cake stand with wooden pastries/cakes etc which she will adore. I haven't got it yet, the shop was out of stock, but I'm hoping more will arrive in time.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 12-09-2013, 06:45 PM

We're getting my 3.5 year old a boy doll and a green toys ferry boat. His Grandma is giving him Squigz which I KNOW he will love!! Check them out on amazon..they look so fun.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:58 PM

We are getting our 3.5 yr old a kitchen to share with his 1 year old sister, Candyland, my mom made him really cool sock and hand puppets and a superhero cape with his Initial on it. I also got him a melissa and Doug house with doorbells and keys for 4 doors and 4 little people. I like the look of that Busytown game though!

Mama to Callahan 05/18/10 cold.gifteapot2.GIF

User Tag List