Mothering Forum banner

looking for Mr Dressup and Lassie shows

630 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  newmum35 
#1 ·
A few years ago someone mentioned Mr Dressup, a kids show based in Canada, like the Canadian Mr Rogers. I end up buying the set of 3 dvds (red, green, blue) based on that suggestion and my now 6 yr old has watched them many times over the past few years. He still loves them and is always trying to make stuff as soon as its over, and its inspired him to be creative even when he's not watching... But apparently it ran for many years, its an old show so there must be tons of episodes. I can't find more shows to buy? Are there more out there? We don't get cable tv so I buy anything we watch, either vcr tape or dvd.. He would love watching more episodes.

Another thing I'm looking for is Lassie.. he got the set of 10 tapes (20+ shows) for Christmas and loves them. But its only a handful of shows they did during the 50s & 60s.. there were hundreds others.. where are they??? Trying to buy the series or find more and I don't see it anywhere. I know it would be a huge collection, but still, I can't be the only one.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by callahansmama View Post

Mr. Dressup is on amazon.ca and chapter.indigo.ca!
I checked both those sites and only see the Tickle Trunk Treasures red, green blue, dvds (3 set) - I had already had those ones, they are the only ones I can find to buy.. I meant any other episodes? Each of those dvds is only 75 min... they are a great set though, he's seen them multiple times, all of them. I would love to find more episodes for him to watch.

#5 ·
Yes Casey and Finigan are on there. although I'm not sure what you mean by the newer puppets cause I am unfamiliar with the series.

I did manage to find one series of Lassie on hulu, now I just have to figure out if I can get it onto a dvd or something so he can watch it on our tv. I found a page that explained how to do that, if I can figure it out. I'd prefer to just buy the entire series, maybe one season at a time but at least I found the one season on hulu (5 I think) so the boy will be about the same age in each. With the set we got we saw a few with Jeff, then Timmy (young) then an older Timmy. So watching one entire season will be much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.