What are your kids drawing lately? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Mine go through stages where they draw a lot of the same things over and over, especially the 4 year old. It was zombie stick figures and sword guys fighting them for a while, now it's a little house on the left, with dirt underneath and sky overhead, with a door, windows, yellow light on inside, and a smoking chimney. Do yours do this repetitive drawing thing? What are their favorite pictures to make?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Right now my almost 3 year old enjoys coloring with markers on a coloring book and writing his name.
#3 of 9 Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 7.5 year old son draws missils, weapons, aliens, fight scenes....

My 5 year old daughter draws rainbows, people holding hands, me, her, flowers, the earth, hearts....

Joyful mama of 3.
#4 of 9 Old 02-12-2014, 09:14 AM

I've noticed the same thing! I guess when you find something you like drawing, that you think actually looks like what you wanted it to, you just stick with it. You learn how to enhance it, or just change it a little, but still get the desired picture. I usually ask my kid to add more things to it or change up the colors, but I don't mind getting different versions of the same scene rolleyes.gif

#5 of 9 Old 02-16-2014, 03:15 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Repetitive drawing is pretty common. We had YEARS of pirates and now we have YEARS of comic books for ages 3-6. My younger daughter mostly draws castles but recently started to draw more people. People are harder and she has only been willing to do them as her drawing skills have improved.

#6 of 9 Old 02-17-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

This is very common, and both my partner and I remember doing it as kids.  Our son doesn't, usually; he has a lot of variety in his drawings.

My favorite of his recent creations is a person ringing a doorbell with a word bubble saying, "I'm here about the room for rent--Oh! Do you have a cat?" and the house has cats looking out of every window, a cat walking on the roof, cats peeking out of the shrubbery...and the person answering the door, though fully dressed and with long hair, has pointed ears sticking out of the hair and a cat mouth, if you look closely. :)

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#7 of 9 Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 AM

my 2 kids are currently being kept busy in this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onnectDotsFree) which is very clean and free, keeps them occupied for a couple of minutes each day
#8 of 9 Old 10-29-2014, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Your kid may lack ideas for creative art and craft. Make your kid join some club which offers programs related to arts.

Boys & Girls Clubs Of Central Texas
#9 of 9 Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 AM

I think it's pretty common to draw the same thing over and over. It's fun to them. My 5 y.o daughter decided to draw a sewer system the other day... that was new.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page