Feel like my 6 year old is always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to love and attention... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-27-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I just dont understand it either...she is such a Good loving little girl but my family just isnt loving towards her...never have been..if they arent ignoring her they are yelling at her...I am so emotionally exhausted obre this...the other children are treated with love and given lots of hugs and attention..these are nieces and nephews not mine...my girl wants too see everyone and she tries but she is starting to notice...my son went through this too...I think it is because my kids arent blood relation...it breaks my heart... greensad.gif
#2 of 7 Old 02-27-2014, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you spoken to your family about it? That is horrible. They should be confronted on that behavior!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 7 Old 03-02-2014, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Doesnt help to speak to them...been going on for years...we just keep to ourselves a lot...little one wants to go over there though...I find myself going after awhile hoping things have changed but it never does....
#4 of 7 Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM

What a tough situation. I wish I could be more help!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#5 of 7 Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 AM

I was having trouble following - it sounds like your daughter is adopted? Geez...I really feel for you and your daughter. It seems like the solution may be to spend less time with family. Your daughter picks up on favoritism, and it can have a lasting impact. I grew up in a family where some kids were favored over others- it still bothers me to this day.
#6 of 7 Old 03-29-2014, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

She is actually my granddaughter...but she is the daughter of my adopted especial needs son whom they never bonded with..They just cant get past the not blood related thing...

I have distanced us as much as I can from them...it is very lonely at times but better than the favoritismo and fighting...Thanks for the supportive words everyone...
#7 of 7 Old 03-30-2014, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

that is awful, I know people that treat my kids more lovingly and caring than their own blood relatives. My kids recently met my DP mom and step dad. DP was adopted and so was his brother. Dp's mom was so nice to my 2 lo's and by the end of the day my dd was calling her grandma. She called her grandma again today too and DP's mom just put up pictures of her sons kids and she said "I haven't gotten any yet of your two" it is so nice that she is welcoming, none of her grandkids or my kids are blood related and she treats mine just as her own grandkids. My kids don't have grandparents to play that role, their only living grandparents live in India. While I have 13 aunts and uncles on my moms side which many don't have any of their own kids or grandkids, none are very interested in playing a grandparent role for my kids and it breaks my heart. They aren't  mean to them or ignore them etc, they just don't go out of their way to have a relationship with them or me for that matter. I have a couple relatives I am kinda close to but I really wish I had more of a support system for my kids and they bonded with my kids more. But my point was, maybe look for family in the community, if you have friends, or are a member of a religious organization there are people out there that could fill that role. I work for a  church on sundays and I have made relationships with some of the members and they are all near me in my town vs my family which is not and they love my kids and are affectionate to them when we see each other just as my family would. 

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page