Has Anyone Had Success with NAET? - Mothering Forums
The Childhood Years > Has Anyone Had Success with NAET?
trus's Avatar trus 12:23 PM 05-08-2014

Has anyone tried NAET (alternative allergy treatment)? Does it really work? Please share.

lauren's Avatar lauren 07:03 PM 05-10-2014

I haven't heard of that. Can you tell us more about it?

lauren's Avatar lauren 07:05 PM 05-10-2014

Old thread, but might have some useful things in it. From Allergy subforum:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/234575/anyone-use-naet-allergy-testing

trus's Avatar trus 08:31 AM 05-16-2014
Thanks! It is from 2005, but was helpful.
NAET stands for natural allergy treatment. A practitioner performs muscle testing identifying if you are allergic to things while you are holding vials that supposedly contain them. Then he treats you by pressing certain points, as far as I understand.

The lady I found here is kind of untraditional, I'd say. We went for a couple of treatments in LA, and it was a big chiropractor's office. The practitioner testier us for a bunch of things and discovered my son was allergic to dairy and minerals, so he treated us for dairy and told to come back.

We have moved since then, and the only person I found here does it in a residential property kind of on the outskirts of the city. She doesn't test for what you are allergic to, but doesn't "basic" 15 treatments no matter what. It's not covered by insurance, so for 15 visits we have to pay out of pocket until she finiallY starts treating for your individual needs.
Thanks!
SweetSilver's Avatar SweetSilver 10:23 AM 05-16-2014

I am an NAET skeptic, but I especially refuse to lay credit when NAET supposedly treats diary allergies.  According to the FARE website:

Quote:
 Approximately 2.5 percent of children younger than three years of age are allergic to milk. Nearly all infants who develop an allergy to milk do so in their first year of life. Most children eventually outgrow a milk allergy. The allergy is most likely to persist in children who have high levels of cow’s milk antibodies in their blood.

So, for me, any claim to NAET effectiveness for me would need to lie outside a childhood dairy allergy.  And it is the most common "success story" I hear with this method.

Vaske's Avatar Vaske 11:29 AM 05-16-2014

The little I know about NAET I learned here.  It seems like the brain may be involved in creating/clearing allergies, at least some of the time.

Starry-eyedMom's Avatar Starry-eyedMom 10:27 AM 05-24-2014

We have used it and I feel it helped with my children's rashes and tummy aches. My mom has more severe allergies (throat closing, etc.) and it has helped her a lot. I do think finding a GOOD practitioner is important. Some are better than others.

Up