Has Anyone Had Success with NAET? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone tried NAET (alternative allergy treatment)? Does it really work? Please share.

#2 of 7 Old 05-10-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I haven't heard of that. Can you tell us more about it?

#3 of 7 Old 05-10-2014, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Old thread, but might have some useful things in it. From Allergy subforum:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/234575/anyone-use-naet-allergy-testing

#4 of 7 Old 05-16-2014, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! It is from 2005, but was helpful.
NAET stands for natural allergy treatment. A practitioner performs muscle testing identifying if you are allergic to things while you are holding vials that supposedly contain them. Then he treats you by pressing certain points, as far as I understand.

The lady I found here is kind of untraditional, I'd say. We went for a couple of treatments in LA, and it was a big chiropractor's office. The practitioner testier us for a bunch of things and discovered my son was allergic to dairy and minerals, so he treated us for dairy and told to come back.

We have moved since then, and the only person I found here does it in a residential property kind of on the outskirts of the city. She doesn't test for what you are allergic to, but doesn't "basic" 15 treatments no matter what. It's not covered by insurance, so for 15 visits we have to pay out of pocket until she finiallY starts treating for your individual needs.
Thanks!
#5 of 7 Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

I am an NAET skeptic, but I especially refuse to lay credit when NAET supposedly treats diary allergies.  According to the FARE website:

Quote:
 Approximately 2.5 percent of children younger than three years of age are allergic to milk. Nearly all infants who develop an allergy to milk do so in their first year of life. Most children eventually outgrow a milk allergy. The allergy is most likely to persist in children who have high levels of cow’s milk antibodies in their blood.

So, for me, any claim to NAET effectiveness for me would need to lie outside a childhood dairy allergy.  And it is the most common "success story" I hear with this method.

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#6 of 7 Old 05-16-2014, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The little I know about NAET I learned here.  It seems like the brain may be involved in creating/clearing allergies, at least some of the time.

#7 of 7 Old 05-24-2014, 09:27 AM

We have used it and I feel it helped with my children's rashes and tummy aches. My mom has more severe allergies (throat closing, etc.) and it has helped her a lot. I do think finding a GOOD practitioner is important. Some are better than others.

AP mama to two boys (5 , 3) fencing.gifand one sweet girl baby energy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page